TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Why even bother filling out the online form? There’s nothing they can do.

Stops the letters, more or less. I said in my earlier post I know it doesn't always, but for me it cuts down on the number they send me, and they don't gain any knowledge about who I am from my fake details.

Just takes a couple of mins but saves me that much time in binning letters.

Caporegime
They have an obligated duty to be impartial especially when a vote is coming up and during it.

Plus it's the people that feed them not the government.

Very true but the Government can make suggestions or deny increases to the licence fee. Or make them fund the World Service themselves for example. The new funding discussions were due to happen this year and the Government may be inclined to try and reduce their input.

Soldato
I wouldn't even bother sending them back. My letterbox is an information black hole, stuff goes in but nothing comes out. Sending them back just confirms to them that there is someone there.

Soldato
Why should I give them my real details? I don't have any contract with them. People can do what they want in that regard, I'd give them my details if I was paying for a license, but I'm not so I'll use throwaway details.

Yep, why do they need my details when I'm not a customer. Under GDPR they shouldn't even be allowed to store them.

Soldato
Yep, why do they need my details when I'm not a customer. Under GDPR they shouldn't even be allowed to store them.

Also it can be quite a good security step not to use real details everywhere, especially with all of the data leaks going on all the time, and especially if the thing I'm using doesn't really need to know who I am.

Permabanned

Maybe the new fuhrer, Sorry i mean director general will actually fix it and stop the TV poll tax. Apparantly a Conservative is in line for the job and described the BBC as woke, Anti British and other things.

Fingers crossed!

Caporegime
Maybe the new fuhrer, Sorry i mean director general will actually fix it and stop the TV poll tax. Apparantly a Conservative is in line for the job and described the BBC as woke, Anti British and other things.

Fingers crossed!

Despite what you think, the majority still like and watch the BBC.

Permabanned
Despite what you think, the majority still like and watch the BBC.

Well has there been any nationwide poll on this? I would like to see a nationwide questionaire and then we could agree. But shaking down people coming to thier houses demanding money a lot of people simply pay.

By all means, Fund the destruction of Britain though if thats what they want. Rule Britannia needed intervention thats cultural destruction that people pay for. :)

Caporegime
Well has there been any nationwide poll on this? I would like to see a nationwide questionaire and then we could agree. But shaking down people coming to thier houses demanding money a lot of people simply pay.

By all means, Fund the destruction of Britain though if thats what they want. Rule Britannia needed intervention thats cultural destruction that people pay for. :)

Majority my ****

Approximately two thirds of the population watch BBC One.

Share of the population who use BBC TV services each week in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2015/16 to 2018/19

Permabanned
Like to see new one for 2020, they have lost a lot due to the pensioners free license fiasco added to many have now found out about Netflix and Amazon Video during lockdown (older generation).

Back
Top Bottom