TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Surely anyone has the right to knock a door and ask questions. Whether the door-inhabiter has to open it or answer questions is a different matter.

Not in my properties.

To prevent TV Licensing approaching your property, write to them, stating that you have withdrawn their implied right of access. There is no need to indicate whether you have a television, and you do not need to give your name. You can withdraw access in the name of "legal occupier".

Soldato
Not in my properties.

To prevent TV Licensing approaching your property, write to them, stating that you have withdrawn their implied right of access. There is no need to indicate whether you have a television, and you do not need to give your name. You can withdraw access in the name of "legal occupier".
What a bunch of nonsense, doesn't stop them coming up and knocking on your door, no matter how much sudo legal stuff you mail them that they surely bin

Soldato
Not in my properties.

They don't have a right to enter without permission (or a court order) anyway, so what's the point in this?

Soldato
So you link to a poorly made website, specifically about this nonsense, which at no point refers to any legislation it's trying to use to enforce this.
Furthermore, the 'don't take our word for it' link takes you to a document of no authenticity hosted by themselves, and in said document, the questions about 'right to access' are answered in a way which only concerns access to the inside of the property. Inside the property is by invitation or warrant.

So, again.
Sending a legalese letter to a massive company, who will not care about any of it, will continue to not care about it, and it's nonsense

Soldato
So you link to a poorly made website, specifically about this nonsense, which at no point refers to any legislation it's trying to use to enforce this.
Furthermore, the 'don't take our word for it' link takes you to a document of no authenticity hosted by themselves, and in said document, the questions about 'right to access' are answered in a way which only concerns access to the inside of the property. Inside the property is by invitation or warrant.

So, again.
Sending a legalese letter to a massive company, who will not care about any of it, will continue to not care about it, and it's nonsense

I take it you pay the licence fee.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-means-threaten-sue-collectors-tresspass.html

Soldato
I take it you pay the licence fee.
No, don't receive live TV, Last flat my son watched it and we had a Virgin media package so I did.
New flat I don't so filled in the form on their website, never heard from them since.

Edit;
Also, that's basically changing the subject, in what could be conceived as an attempt to mock me for 'playing into the system'
It doesn't change that you have no proof beyond anecdotal that a 'withdrawal of access' has any grounding.

Though, I would accept that it makes you someone who's not worth the hassle, so you get your desired effect anyway

Back
Top Bottom