TV Stuttering on Media Centre (XP)

Associate
Just wondering whether anyone has experienced stuttering watching TV on media centre whilst downloading files at the same time (via Bittorrent or through a download manager)? The issue goes away when I turn downloading off.

The puzzling thing is I'm downloading to a completely separate drive (F). I know media centre saves live tv to your hard disk at the same time, alllowing you to pause or rewind the tv you're watching. At the moment my Windows drive is drive C, my media centre recordings (if i do record) are set to save on another drive (D).

I have a Core 2 Duo E6300 overclocked to 2.2GHz, 2Gb RAM and three internal drives (C, and F are SATA - 7200rpm, D is IDE - 5400rpm ).

Soldato
my boss had a similar issue and he said it was a read/write issue with the disk drive. he upgraded to a faster drive and it went away.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I have found the solution eventually. It seems that the wireless network card was interferring with my tv signal. When downloading, the problem becomes apparent because more data is being carried through the wireless signal causing the TV to stutter.

I have fixed it by changing the broadcast channel on my wireless router. Someone from another forum also suggested keeping the wireless network card aerial further away from the TV aerial (via an extended aerial etc).

Anyone hope this will help someone else who might have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom