TVCatchup web app now available on iPhone

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I don't think it will be long until O2 block the site over 3g. There network will be getting hammered passing 50kb/s to every phone watching a channel.

I imagine, though, that the site is still pretty niche. Not a huge majority of iPhone users will be aware of the original site let alone the iPhone compatible site... (waits for twitter and facebook updates to change that)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Unlimited browsing iirc, I believe there is a download limit of some sort though as I've been using my iPhone over 3g for everything as I've been without Internet the last month due to moving and my phone bill is higher by about £10.

Are you sure you may not have accidentally activated tethering? Though that is £15/mth.

Soldato
I think the quality is fine, and it works on 3G pretty well considering!

tvcatchup.jpg

Soldato
Amazing, I didn't even know this thing exsisted for the pc, I feel like I've been living a sham of a life until now. Although I suspect this will only further my want for a TV card.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm on the 18month £35 month deal with O2 and it states unlimited data. So I guess there is no problem using this even if it is 3mb/min?

Correct.

On the initial iPhone launch (9th November 2007) O2 wanted to restrict data to 200MB.. however, after public outrage they scrapped that plan in favour of truly unlimited usage.

Now, they may say something if you used 20GB a month, but I've not heard of anyone getting a letter off them.

Back
Top Bottom