Two PC's together. wifi or cable?

Associate
Due to the OcUK DC Folding team we have going
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17538642

I have two old PC's that are in a spare room that fold 24/7 and are also used as file servers (so need to be connected to the router for internet and be seen by the other pc's on my routers network)

Now in thier location it was found to be cheaper and less messy (e not removing skirting boards, drilling holes etc) to have them both connected through wifi but i find they tend to slow each others down being so close. (they are two feet apart, in a cupboard)

Would it be possible to have one connect to the router using wifi and the other connected to the wifi connected and the other one through a bridged cable link to the wifi enabled one? On XP how would i do this ie would the Wifi be bridged with the LAN or what? <confused>

Caporegime
tobefrank said:
Would it be possible to have one connect to the router using wifi and the other connected to the wifi connected and the other one through a bridged cable link to the wifi enabled one?

Yep.

On XP how would i do this ie would the Wifi be bridged with the LAN or what? <confused>

Bang on. Bridge the wireless and wired interfaces on one machine, and everything should work from there (though Windows' bridging can be iffy at times).

Back
Top Bottom