1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two trans girls win race at state athletics competition...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dowie, 13 Jun 2018.

1. dowie

Caporegime

Saw this and thought of GD:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trans-teen-wins-girls-state-championship.html

The winner actually competed as a boy in indoor events only a few months ago but competed as a girl in this one!

[​IMG]

I've at least got some sympathy with the intersex athletes but someone who was clearly born male (at least physically if not mentally) and who competed as a male less than a year ago deciding to compete as female is very dubious... it just defeats the whole point of separating the sexes in sports competition. The slightly worrying thing is that some of the regular young female competitors are completely cool with it, perhaps partly as a result of being conditioned to believe that anyone saying anything that appears to be in opposition LGBTQ rights to do anything is a bigot:

Yup, she's sold on the narrative, she's just lost out on being the state champion because of two people who under sensible rules shouldn't have been in the race but as long as they're happy then all is right and you shouldn't question it as they've got a special label.

2. Gerard

Caporegime

2 men with long hair won a race? Meh.

3. mmj_uk

Capodecina

I imagine it won't be long before lots of male teens are exploiting the loop hole of becoming female athletes in order to get easy scholarships.

RIP womens athletics/sport.

4. rubberduck

Mobster

Ultimately I don't think sports should be divided in to male and female competition... It should be about ability not gender.

5. Thekwango

Capodecina

A woman’s race. 2 dudes won a women’s race and everyone has to be happy. What a world we live in.

Reminds me of the story of the Spanish Paralympic basketball team.

6. Thekwango

Capodecina

You do realise there’s a very good reason men and women don’t compete directly in most sports?

7. mmj_uk

Capodecina

You do realise if that was the case there'd hardly be any women in sport?

8. Efour

Caporegime

Don't care anymore. World's gonna be a joke in 50 years. Glad I'll be dead.

9. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

You might wait a very long time to witness a female to male trans athlete winning anything in top flight
    competition .

10. Deluxe1

Soldato

Male them all unisex races then we'll see see which gender comes out on top.

11. Kol

Capodecina

Keep it respectful gang, I don't want to have to spend all night editing/deleting posts.

12. Skunkworks

Soldato

If I ever get caught red-handed for some crime I'm going to identify as a higher ranking police officer and order them to let me go.

13. Amp34

Caporegime

Or is she just trying to be a good sport?

A grumpy outburst isn't exactly going to portray her in a good light.

14. dowie

Caporegime

it isn't like it is a binary choice between sucking it up and making a grumpy outburst

15. mmj_uk

Capodecina

The sensible thing to do to is to have all trans people compete in male sport, then they have to compete on merit and not just because they have a more male physique or hormonal advantage. Even if you have a separate division purely for trans people it would be very one sided towards those whose bodies developed over many years as male. The problem with that though is that those who developed as female and transitioned to a male later in life will struggle to compete in mens sport but imo that's better than the situation we have now with non-trans women being pushed out of womens sport.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2018
  16. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

J A W
    A
    W

17. SpeedFreak

Soldato

Yet again the case for female sport recieving protected status is opened.

18. MooMoo444

Caporegime

Makes you wonder how many people are currently going 'through the system' as a deliberate MtF just for the easy recognition and titles. It's a farce.

19. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

...........and you are ?

20. DoneADougalOnSofa

Wise Guy

Agreed.
    Barring miracles, I suspect I will be too. Better had be anyway.