TX-P42S20B Vs G20?

Soldato
I have had loads of Panasonic plasmas over the years, and the models I've never owned my friends do so I am in the unique position of being able to compare the differences within a home environment.

Neo-PDP isn't that much better than ones without.

Look at a PZ80 against a G10,G20,V10 and you'll notice the black levels are virtually the same. Pansonic admit that NeoPDP panels get lighter after they have been run in so if anyone is going to demo them they need to be looking at one with a good 1,000 hours use on the screen.

If you want black blacks then get one with full Kuro tech which I believe is the V20? IIRC, they are not that much more expensive are they?

Soldato
OP
Modern Plasma's = proper blacks
Modern LCD's = dark greys

Going on about blacker than blacks, 1000 hour burn in's etc is just for the anal people who want 100% from their displays. It'll take me over 2 years to clock up 1000 hours, by that time I'll be wanting something new anyway...

Soldato
The V20 I was looking at (50" model) is prolly going to end up somewhere around the £1500-£1600 mark if not more so a bit of a step up from the S/G20's but if you want the best then that's the price you'll pay!

Given the 50" VT20 is circa £2.3k then the V20 sounds a nice option!

Back
Top Bottom