UAC window not showing after RTX install

Soldato
I've just installed my Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti and I now cannot get the UAC window to appear. I just get a blank desktop background when a program requests an elevated privilege. I'm guessing it's off-screen and there's some magic keypress I need to do to bring it on-screen. But what is it? Yes, I have rebooted.

Soldato
OP
For instance if I start Fraps or 3D Mark. The problem is not the notification level; the problem is that the secure desktop is kicking in but the notification window is not appearing on screen.

Man of Honour
I think the only keypresses in that regard the dialog will respond to (assuming it has focus) is alt+space and then M and then you can move it with the cursors or keypresses to close it. Could also try pressing the left or right arrow once and then enter. But if it isn't showing at all you probably can't force it to appear by key press - it is possible Windows has topped itself requiring a repair.

Soldato
I don't run with an admin level account so I need to enter admin credentials.

Me either didnt run with an admin level account, I only need to enter admin credentials too if I logged in other user account.

I tested launched GPU-Z and secured desktop kicked in and I pretended I cant see UAC dialog as it not showed up and it is invisible so I tried pressed Alt + Y keys and it worked, the shortcut keys clicked on Yes button and Alt + N shortcut keys clicked on No button. :)

Alt + Y shortcut keys should work for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom