1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ubuntu resolution

Discussion in 'Linux & Open Source' started by Lt. Manlove, 23 May 2006.

1. Lt. Manlove

Wise Guy

Im stuck in 640x480 and I can not change ! It is the live CD by the way, help :)

2. deano

Wise Guy

Hi

i think your find the options for screen res are when your booting the cd. try going through the the "F" keys for instructions rg CTRL+ALT+F1 or it could just be F1 through to F7 ish

cheers
    Deano

3. Lt. Manlove

Wise Guy

Hm sounds a bit fishy, i'll give it a go anyway :)

4. M0KUJ1N

PermaBanned

The standard for X is that Ctrl Alt and + Increases the res and Ctrl Alt and - decreases the resolution. Ctrl Alt F1 - F7 cycle through the various terminals, with F7 being your X session terminal

5. Lt. Manlove

Wise Guy

Ah cheers for the info, I fixed it a different way though and after the first 5 minutes, I can honestly say it was a pleasure to use!

6. deano

Wise Guy

I beleive the above is correct for a installed system / system running from a CD which has fully booted.

I may not have made it clear that the options i described above can sometimes display options for how to boot a linux cd.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Cheers
    Deano

7. Mattw

Gangster

recently loaded my laptop with ubuntu and have installed XGL and i must say very impressed.

If you dont know what xgl is, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CgqWlX_GsI

i suggest you watch the whole thing to get a good idea of what it does