UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [20th-22nd Oct 2020]

Soldato
Been saying the same for weeks

Bet it won't happen though he will be dropped again at weekend and be lucky if he gets 10 minutes

I can see him start next week. Saturday to tuesday is always a nightmare. First team Saturday against Sheff United and this forward line against the club i wont try and spell.

Soldato
Minamino along with Jota have been brilliant since coming on, there combing well

Robertson man of the match though, has been outstanding all game

Caporegime
Happy with that. Fabinho, Robertson and Mane were all superb and Jota and Minamino were almost as good when they came on. Wasn't impressed with Jones, hopefully Klopp tore him a new one at HT and he'll learn from it.

Clean sheet, 3 points and our second hardest game out of the way.

Man of Honour
Although I think Robertson has had the best overall 90mins, I'm going to give my motm to Fabinho for the defensive performance under scrutiny of watchful media eyes and the goal line clearance.

Don
Job done I supose. We were a bit too open in the first half but despite that they only really had 2 opportunities and the first of those would have been offside had it come to anything. Second half, until the last second, we were much more solid and their only threat was from the odd pot shot from distance. The only real downside from the performance was that we didn't kill them off on the break. We had a lot of opportunities in both the 1st and 2nd half to break and the final pass was always slightly over or under hit.

fez

fez

Caporegime
How City won 3-1 last night is beyond me. A bit of a lucky penalty for their first goal and Porto should have stuck in another 3-4 easily. Utter mess when it came to finishing.

Watched the second half of the Ajax game and they looked rubbish. Liverpool defended with numbers and Ajax looking completely devoid of any spark or creativity. I guess their side has slowly been pulled apart over the last few years.

Caporegime
Just heard on the radio Fabinho could be out for 4-6 weeks and felt the colour drain from my face before realising she said Fernandinho :o

Gotta be the best solution. Liverpool have a lot more options in midfield.

Didn't Henderson play CB at one point also? So could rotate or something.
Yes, so has Wijnaldum. Wouldn't move Henderson back though, he's far too important in midfield as he showed again last night.

Back
Top Bottom