1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th Feb 2021]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by explicit4u, 22 Feb 2021.

1. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Shoretire makes Greenwood look like a dad. Lol

2. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

HOW IS MARTAL STILL ON:o

3. mid_gen

Capodecina

Ole's trying to give him an opportunity to play himself into form.

Too late imo. Confidence players aren't good enough at a club wanting titles.

If you watch him off the ball, he is *always* the laziest man on the pitch....never moving or making an effort.

4. fez

Capodecina

I can't suffer players who aren't in form who actually put in the graft (Dan James is a prime example) but out of form players who also don't seem to give a **** should be gone.

Everything Martial does is languid and like hes having a kick around with his mates after smoking a bowl or two.

5. Calpol

Wise Guy

Dull game so I'll have a bit of a rant.
    I wouldn't allow players as one footed as Nemanja Matic to play in central midfield. He is probably my least favourite United player. Slow, cumbersome and so left footed that anyone playing against him must have such an easy time anticipating what he's going to do. Then just as I type it he crosses with his right foot!

6. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

We can't be playing with 10 hoping he's going to put a shift in

7. mid_gen

Capodecina

Plus point from this game...defence has been good, no clangers!

Maguire will be straight back in at the weekend though :(

8. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Job done :o

9. Converge

Mobster

The highlight for me were the jalapeño and cheese popchips that I devoured whilst watching.

10. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

How on earth did Leicester lose to Sparta Prague :eek:

11. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

Our dreaded home form strikes again. :(

Time to focus on staying in the top 4 for the remainder of the season

12. robfosters

Caporegime

One thing I took from last night is that Paul Scholes thinks Utd are a lot better than they actually
    are

13. fez

Capodecina

He tends to deal in the middle ground. We play **** and he thinks it was OK. We play well and he thinks it was OK.

We have a team that could compete for the league with a couple of additions and a better manager but at the moment we are just another team in the pack competing for top 4.

14. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Yesterdays game was just a dead rubber so not worth looking into. We are still miles off City and Liverpool but are getting there. We just need that top class centre back and Henderson needs to start full time. I still think we are playing our best football under Ole since SAF retired. We have already scored 53 goals this season (Only 13 off last season with plenty of games to go).

We have dropped so many points due to silly defensive errors. De Gea has also got one of the worst save percentages in the league this year. We dropped points against Leicester, Everton, Sheffield United and West Brom which were pretty much all due to defensive errors. That is 9 points right there and we would be hot on Man Cities heels then. That is pretty much the difference between a good and average defence in the league.

Also not to be victim but Cavani, Pogba, Mctominay and DVB are all out. Three out of 4 of those are starting eleven players and out of them all I hope Mctominay is fit and ready for Chelsea on Sunday.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2021
  15. robfosters

Caporegime

What jarred me was the way he completely dismissed Arsenals and Spurs chances of winning the Europa, but that Utd should be looking to win it. I really don’t think there is enough of a gap between the teams to make a sweeping statement like that.

Fact is, Utd, spurs and Arsenal can beat any team left in the competition, so all 3 should be looking to win it.

16. robfosters

Caporegime

UTD v AC

The return of Zlatan!

17. explicit4u

Capodecina

Europa Last 16 Draw:

Ajax v Young Boys
    Dynamo Kiev v Villarreal
    Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
    Olympiacos v Arsenal
    Dynamo Zagreb v Spurs
    Man
    Utd v AC Milan
    Slavia Prague v Rangers
    Granada v Molde

Meh tie for us, lets hope we don't get a repeat of last time... Zlatan derby should be fun!

18. robfosters

Caporegime

We’ll be all out for revenge this year. Auba in particular.

19. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

LMAO of course we get one of the hardest draws again, we have had that consistently in every competition this year.

20. fez

Capodecina

Might as well beat the best teams in the competition. I know no one remembers who you played on the way to winning a tournament but I want to play the best teams in whatever competition I'm in.