UEFA cup final **spoilers**

Soldato
I really think if they were not robbed of that penalty it would have been a different story. A different tactic would have been played if it was 1-1. Bit of a white wash in the end, I think the 4-0 flattered Sevila a bit though. Well done to Boro for getting so far though, has done a lot for the club's pedigree now. :)

Soldato
I hate Liverpool too because all my family except me support them, it didn't stop me jumping off my seat and cheering when Liverpool equalised again Milan last year. To me, it's no different to supporting England at the World Cup.

Soldato
RoB- said:
I hate Liverpool too because all my family except me support them, it didn't stop me jumping off my seat and cheering when Liverpool equalised again Milan last year. To me, it's no different to supporting England at the World Cup.

Not everyone is like that, name one Spurs fan without a Barca shirt under their vest come next wednesday ;)

Permabanned
Feel for Boro but I don't think they can argue really.

Been great watching them but tonight they were just generally outclassed in everyway by a much better footballing side. To be fair Sevilla looked really good, I think any Premiership team would have struggled against them.

Boro should be proud they reached the final though, and hopefully they'll build on it next season.

Soldato
im utterly furious, boro bottled that game last night. sevilla were a very good side, but boro played appalling. gutless bottlers.

i was hoping for mclaren to prove the doubters wrong, both at boro and for england but the whole lot just went plain wrong at 0-0 a lot of the boro players had strange looks on their faces. this summer let viduka, and jimmy go, plus boatang who yes wins the ball but im sure he gives it away far more than he wins it.

megacross :mad:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Nedved11 said:
Really? Source?
As it stands, we're in the 3rd qualifier but if Barca win, we go straight in. :)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/news/060406a.html said:
Should this year's UEFA Champions League winner also finish in the top two of
their national league, which also carries the reward of a group-stage spot, then
they will qualify for next season's European competition as title-holders and
their entry for coming in the top two will pass to Celtic. Therefore, if the
current domestic situation stayed the same, and given the four 2005/06 semi-
finalists, Celtic would profit if FC Barcelona or AC Milan lifted the trophy in
Paris on 17 May.

Permabanned
OP
Just got back from Endhoven. I'll write a bit more after I've had a sleep. I'm pretty dissapointed that I don't think we gave a good reflection of ourselves and the way that I know we can play. It was still an amazing campaign overall though.

I have to agree with what someone said earlier. Although the team have to take their share of the blame for bad defending, it was awful tactics by Maclaren. There was no need to go 2-4-4 all out when we were only 1 down and coming back into the game. Although it worked against teams like Basel and Bucharest, Saville are a much better side with the ball and were obviously going to cut through us on the break. Everyone there could see it coming :(

I've seen this kind of stuff all season, and as an England fan as well, it's not a great appointment.

Permabanned
Someone else sees that Mclaren is pap at tactis, I can remember the first game of the just gone season, Boro at home against Liverpool its a 0-0/1-1 and boro take the ball to the corner flag with 5 mins to go.

What a great manager.

Soldato
starscream said:
I have to agree with what someone said earlier. Although the team have to take their share of the blame for bad defending, it was awful tactics by Maclaren. There was no need to go 2-4-4 all out when we were only 1 down and coming back into the game. Although it worked against teams like Basel and Bucharest, Saville are a much better side with the ball and were obviously going to cut through us on the break. Everyone there could see it coming :(

'Twas me. :)
1-0 down with what , 25 - 30 mins remaining theres always a chance of nicking one to send the tie into extra time.
No need whatsoever to go for broke at that stage in the game especially as Boro had looked a better side than they were in the first half.

As you say Seville were a different proposition to what you had faced before in the competition , where as the "lesser" teams had crumbled Seville had much more about them to exploit any gaps.
I thought the pacy wingers and fullbacks would have been enough to worry Mclaren into making this kind of move as early as he did.

Associate
Gutted about the result. Thought at after half-time we definitely improved and looked like we might get one back. Should have had a nailed on pen then two minutes later Sevilla scored again and we simply collapsed after that. Oh well; at least I had the chance to experience my team playing in a European Cup Final.

Had a fantastic time in Amsterdam on the Tuesday. Eindhoven before the match was superb as well. The place was bouncing. Both sets of fans were superb; mixing and generally having a good time. Swapped my Boro top after the match with a Sevilla fan so now have a Sevilla top :)

Things seemed to go down hill with the match, then getting lost leaving Eindhoven taking us 3 hours to get back to Amsterdam. Then our flight on Thursday morning was cancelled due to a technical fault so ended up getting back seven hours later then expected.

Back
Top Bottom