UEFA Euro 2020 Group A ** spoilers ** (Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Roy Keane has become more miserable as he gets older. Miserable old git. Most of his analysis is decent but he could at least do it with a face that doesn't look like he's sucking on a load of wasp infested lemons.

Soldato
Roy Keane has become more miserable as he gets older. Miserable old git. Most of his analysis is decent but he could at least do it with a face that doesn't look like he's sucking on a load of wasp infested lemons.

My wife was showing me some videos of him and Mikah Richards driving around and he’s actually quite amusing and jovial.

I guess it’s just when football is involved and lack of effort just really annoys him.

Soldato
Most definitely the case, I've really enjoyed watching the Italians play. We'll see how they fare against 'better' teams though for me the French still possess the greater goal threat.
Mbappe's speed will be a big test for any defence, the way he ran past Hummels in the Germany game you'd have thought the defender was running in treacle.

But yeah the Italians have certainly been the best viewing so far and have really put a shift in, refreshing to see as past Italian teams would have been content to go one nil up and then shut up shop but this team goes for the jugular and while they lack some of the big name players other teams have they make up for it with a strong work ethic and exellent organisation both offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mbappe's speed will be a big test for any defence, the way he ran past Hummels in the Germany game you'd have thought the defender was running in treacle.

But yeah the Italians have certainly been the best viewing so far and have really put a shift in, refreshing to see as past Italian teams would have been content to go one nil up and then shut up shop but this team goes for the jugular and while they lack some of the big name players other teams have they make up for it with a strong work ethic and exellent organisation both offensively and defensively.
Yes, I've said the same thing, previous Italians teams may have been content to play it around in midfield after going 1-0 up but not the current crop.
Yes and while the don't have that superstar in their team they do have that often not lauded ability of great teams to pass the ball accurately into feet more often than not running through the team.

Soldato
How the hell is it fair that both the winner and runner up of this group play runners ups from other groups

the runner up should be playing a group winner

Soldato
How the hell is it fair that both the winner and runner up of this group play runners ups from other groups

the runner up should be playing a group winner
Probably to accommodate for the 4 3rd place qualifiers which I imagine go on to play group winners.

Soldato
It's not only Italy's group. Group D (England/Scotland group) gets the same privilege.
1st group D plays 2nd group F (France, Germany, etc)
2nd group D plays 2nd group E (Spain, Sweden, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom