UEFA Euro 2020 Round of 16 ** spoilers ** [26th - 29th June 2021]

Caporegime
That’s nay the same though is it, that’s on his calf rather than right into his knee. The refs have specific guidance on high studs leading to potential knee injuries or leg breaks.

Do they? Because a player was sent off for Wales for catching a player in the ankle. Perhaps you have a diagram for where players are allowed to make contact?

Soldato
That’s nay the same though is it, that’s on his calf rather than right into his knee. The refs have specific guidance on high studs leading to potential knee injuries or leg breaks.

The Ukrainian player should get a bit more blame.

Did you never get that when playing football? an attacking player closing down a defender clearing the ball and they'd get crunched or a some studs in the legs?

Don
Do they? Because a player was sent off for Wales for catching a player in the ankle. Perhaps you have a diagram for where players are allowed to make contact?
I would imagine refs would as part of the guidance they receive on what they consider the use of excessive force leading to endangering player safety. I would imagine in that case the ref felt it was a risk of ankle breaking perhaps.

Caporegime
I would imagine refs would as part of the guidance they receive on what they consider the use of excessive force leading to endangering player safety. I would imagine in that case the ref felt it was a risk of ankle breaking perhaps.

So in the split second between a ball coming towards them we're expecting defenders to not only remember a visual chart but do the physics calculations to work out where them and their opponents limbs are going to end up in the coming seconds.

Don
So in the split second between a ball coming towards them we're expecting defenders to not only remember a visual chart but do the physics calculations to work out where them and their opponents limbs are going to end up in the coming seconds.
Don't be daft, they just need to be aware that they shouldn't be putting other players at risk with their play.

Caporegime
Don't be daft, they just need to be aware that they shouldn't be putting other players at risk with their play.

You've literally said it's bad for a player to hit the ankle, fine to hit the calf but then bad to hit the knee. Do you realise how insane that is? How can you possibly call something reckless when it's so unbelievably specific.

Back
Top Bottom