UEFA Euro 2020 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This seems reasonable to me, I’ve had enough of yo-yoing back and forth about intent and outcome.
I don’t imagine that whoever held the laser was worried about any possible outcome, I think that he just had the intent of distracting Schmeichel, and IMO should get a custodial sentence.
How about reverting to discussing the possible result this Saturday?
I agree and re the latter, there is a finals thread for that. This one doesn't have much left in it beyond the fall out. If you want forward looking best head to the other thread!

Soldato
There's not anyone actually defending the Schmeichel laser incident surely? It's another level of brain dead to actually do such a thing. :o
On a public internet forum? Oh there's always at least one, and sadly they usually hunt in packs. They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Man of Honour
There's not anyone actually defending the Schmeichel laser incident surely? It's another level of brain dead to actually do such a thing. :o

Well, someone didn’t actually defend it, but said something along the lines of, “Laser guy may have had the intention of putting the laser on Schmeichel’s eyes, but as Schmeichel suffered no ill effects, there was no bad outcome, so it was no harm, no foul.”
Incredible really.

Soldato
Why would you think that I may have a plan to stop moronic English cretins from booing another country’s national anthem?
I’m not particularly offended by it, I expect it, I’ve lived in this country long enough to know that it will often happen.
A psychologist once told me that Freud said that bad mouthing an opponent is a sure sign of an inferiority complex, but what do I know, I didn’t get further than grammar school.

There's that element to it as well I imagine; fearing the opponent.

Don't be surprised if you hear a bit of mutual booing during Sunday's anthems. But if Italians do decide to boo England's national anthem I doubt many English people will care all that much, tbh.

Besides, don't let hate win! :p

Soldato
This seems reasonable to me, I’ve had enough of yo-yoing back and forth about intent and outcome.
I don’t imagine that whoever held the laser was worried about any possible outcome, I think that he just had the intent of distracting Schmeichel, and IMO should get a custodial sentence.
How about reverting to discussing the possible result this Saturday?
On the laser incidence, it was bang out of order, there is no equivocating about it.

As to the final on Sunday, for me it's a toss of a coin so to speak. Italy have been my favourites and if pushed I would still go with them but England definitely have the beating of them depending on who is playing and formation. The key to beating Italy may lie in Morata's goal in the semi-final; running at the heart of the defence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Italy have also lost Spinazzola which is a huge bonus for us. So much of their threat came from him. If they neglect to start Chiesa that is also a help, though when he appears it will give our back line a wake-up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom