UK domain names

Soldato
If you were buying a .UK domain name today would you also buy the corresponding name with .CO.UK?

It used to be that if you owned the .CO.UK someone else couldn't buy .UK but that all changed in 2019 and it now seems that .UK is completely separate from .CO.UK.

It would seem confusing if someone else would want to buy the corresponding .CO.UK name if the .UK is already owned by someone else but I guess it's no different than someone buying the name with .COM etc.

Associate
Always useful for a brand to get both, just so a competitor cant nab it and redirect to them selves.

Also people will tend to possibly type .co.uk without thinking.

Associate
I would buy both. Many registrars give you the .uk free when you buy .co.uk anyway (for the first year at least). Depends on your customer base, but people might get confused with the .uk extension and go to .co.uk anyway.

Associate
I'd always where possible get both .com and .co.uk only. Was contemplating on other fancy TLD however it seems SEO doesn't take these into consideration from what I've read. Does look good having a shorten/fancy TLD.

Back
Top Bottom