"UK refusal to issue gender-neutral passports unlawful, high court told"

Soldato
They should simply rename the field to "biological sex" and remove gender from the form. As above gender is clearly (for some) different from their sex.

Soldato
Surely its not a choice, your DNA says XY or XX (i hope ive got that right). That should be the deciding factor, not how you 'feel'. Also on that list ive no idea what half of them are.

Soldato
What if you really don't feel a man even though you have a willy, or vice versa? Unfortunately life isn't that simple for some people.

Then you are a man that may want to reassign to a woman. If the person really feels they are a woman in a mans body they should transition if thats what they want and I have no issue with this and will call you her or she. The passport should then say she and this is reasonable

Dont expect me to use made up pronouns though....

Soldato
Presumably if objective reality no longer matters I can insist that my passport show the age I personally identify as and not my actual age determined by the day I was actually born on and the amount of time that has elapsed since?

Soldato
Just as long as the options were limited to 'm', 'f' or 'x' I don't think this would be such a big thing. Somehow I don't think it would stop there however with a push for recognition of a potentially unlimited set of gender identities on passports to follow..... "I don't identify as a 'x'!" etc...

Caporegime
There's nothing wrong with being transgender, I just think this whole issue over officially naming your gender is an absolutely stupid non issue, thinking you are something does not magically alter your biology or your DNA and we assign gender based on biology and DNA not "feelings"

And it's not like changing the sex on a piece of paper is going to change the way people view you or give you any benefits over not doing it so I don't see the fuss

You ignored his question though, what if they have both penis and vagina what do you put The.

For the record though whem it comes to trans people it is very obvious why thier documentation needs changing from m to f or via versa as they transition.

The very simple fact that a security officer woth a woman standing in front of him may be very confused by the fact her passport says male...

Seen it happen causes hilarious hold ups and confusion (and resulted in me walking through an Egyptian airport in my underwear).

Holland though they give no ****s people in full drag who look 100% nothing like thier passport that says male and has a picture e of them with facial hair dont even raise an eyebrow

Not sure if they're judt accepting or stoned

Soldato
Holland though they give no ****s people in full drag who look 100% nothing like thier passport that says male and has a picture e of them with facial hair dont even raise an eyebrow

That sounds like a genuine security problem though, I appreciate there are other layers of security but if being able to dress up in drag to hide/mask your features is accepted people will be able to pass through border control on the wrong passport like the guy fled the UK in a burqa.

Associate
Your sex is male or female. Those who believe there's other options need to be sectioned under the mental health act.

You are confusing sex with gender. Sex is your biological status that is "given" to you at birth. Gender is completely different and has nothing to do with sex. Gender is to do with behaviour, likes, dislikes ~ in other words it's, for the want of a better phrase, "all in your mind".

There is no such thing as 100% male gender or 100% female gender. It's a rainbow. We all have a unique combination of likes, dislikes, behaviours and so on. Most people are happy with being assigned a gender that corresponds to their sex, but some people are not. This is for a number of reasons ~ some people feel their assigned gender is incorrect, some feel it's just stupid to assign one of only two when in fact everyone is different.

Ultimately, though, it is little different to liking chocolate ice-cream over vanilla. You may not know why, you just know. And that doesn't necessarily make you ill. Although I have to confess that anyone who does not like chocolate ice-cream is surely unusual.

Caporegime
That sounds like a genuine security problem though, I appreciate there are other layers of security but if being able to dress up in drag to hide/mask your features is accepted people will be able to pass through border control on the wrong passport like the guy fled the UK in a burqa.

Yep.

I was shocked

Soldato
You are confusing sex with gender. Sex is your biological status that is "given" to you at birth. Gender is completely different and has nothing to do with sex. Gender is to do with behaviour, likes, dislikes ~ in other words it's, for the want of a better phrase, "all in your mind".

Gender is completely different and has nothing to do with sex?

Demonstrarably nonsense. For the overwhelming majority of the population gender identity and biological sex align....

UK passports state 'sex' not gender on the relevant page anyway. Biological sex is an objective reality not a subjective feeling..

Caporegime
Gender is completely different and has nothing to do with sex?

Demonstrarably nonsense. For the overwhelming majority of the population gender identity and biological sex align....

UK passports state 'sex' not gender on the relevant page anyway. Biological sex is an objective reality not a subjective feeling..

So again what's somoen with both genitals put down as?

Also what happens after somone has transitioned?

They no longer have a penis no longer look like a man, thier passport says male, security go as a far as a strip search but find no penis?

Are trans people just banned from travel in your world?

Back
Top Bottom