UK Traffic 24.12.11

Soldato
Quick question

I know no one knows for sure but does anyone have any reasonable predictions on traffic this Christmas Eve? I can't remember the last time Christmas Eve fell on a Saturday and obviously it's going to effect the roads, I have a long drive to do and I don't have any choice but to go on Christmas Eve (it's to see family for the holidays). My prediction is that it's something that most people will avoid of they can and hence it should be quiet-ish but I'd be interested in what other people think.

Soldato
I am hoping its clear as I am doing 260mile round trip. I am also hoping there is minimal snow too as last year I almost missed Christmas as my car was completely snowed in.

Associate
Depends what time of day I suppose, during the day I suspect a slightly higher than average usage of the roads, though in the morning and evening there would be less than average usuage, as no one has work to go to/go home from..

Caporegime
Normally Christmas Eve is quiet, but being a Saturday there is the potential for more people on the road driving somewhere for Christmas Day. I can't see it being any worse than a normal Saturday though?

Soldato
Got a nice mission from B'ham to Carlisle on the 24th... luckily I'm on the North side anyway, so I can just jump straight on the M6.

My brother wanted me to pick him up from the centre though... no chance!! :p

Don
Normally Christmas Eve is quiet, but being a Saturday there is the potential for more people on the road driving somewhere for Christmas Day. I can't see it being any worse than a normal Saturday though?

A lot of normal Staurday traffic is football traffic and there won't be any of that

Man of Honour
will be deserted, slight risk passing big shopping centres in early part of day

This has been my experience in the past... Problem is with living around SE London is that there are a lot of shopping centres which people access from the M25. It depends how early you want to leave I guess, being a saturday, most people will be chilling out at home I would have thought. I drove to France last year in the evening of Christmas Eve, got there with little fuss other than nearly 2ft of snow falling in NE France!

Back
Top Bottom