Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So air assets are now on route to the region for a ' planned ' exercise, so much for the little green men this time around.

Seems Putin really wants to test the US resolve and see what he can get away with or just really wants a war, no matter the cost.

Man of Honour
So air assets are now on route to the region for a ' planned ' exercise, so much for the little green men this time around.

Seems Putin really wants to test the US resolve and see what he can get away with or just really wants a war, no matter the cost.

If they are planning something I wonder if they will use Victory Day as cover for bulk troop movement. It is also likely around the start of peak conditions for moving hardware in the region as the ground starts to dry out.

Hard to read the intentions though or what else it might be misdirection for.

Soldato
Hmm, what would the US do if there was an 'accident' with one of it's ships in the Black Sea?

Like to see what the USN would do in this situation.

Have to say though, it's nice of the Ruskies to swarm around a ship that's more than capable of swatting each and every one of them out of the sky without breaking a sweat.

Soldato

Have to say though, it's nice of the Ruskies to swarm around a ship that's more than capable of swatting each and every one of them out of the sky without breaking a sweat.

Well, in theory it can, in practice I doubt it, I don't think any royal navy vessel goes to sea with a full load out of missles ( can't afford it ), could be wrong.

This whole situation is once again making the UK defence policy look like a complete joke however, ditto the rest of western nations outside the US

Caporegime

I mean Sevastopol is right there, maybe Russia have a bigly stealth nuclear-tipped torpedo they want to test?

Soldato
Well, in theory it can, in practice I doubt it, I don't think any royal navy vessel goes to sea with a full load out of missles ( can't afford it ), could be wrong.

This whole situation is once again making the UK defence policy look like a complete joke however, ditto the rest of western nations outside the US

It doesn't need kinetic effects to defeat them, that's the whole point of the ship.

Soldato
It doesn't need kinetic effects to defeat them, that's the whole point of the ship.

The whole point of the ship is track multiple hostiles using the Sampson radar and launch aster 15/30 interceptors to destroy them before they are destroyed, that's how they defeat them,that's what it's designed to do.

Unless they have lasers....

Permabanned

The whole swarming is hilarious waste of time. 30 miles from Crimea, this ship would be sunk from land based anti ship missiles in a heartbeat or from a russian missile ship literally parked in harbour.

The whole video is actually laughable, we have 48 missiles we could take them down!! Jesus Christ, you guys would be sunk from a barrage of missiles from the land literally within minutes if you tried anything. Like I hope this is for camera propaganda and you're not that stupid.

Permabanned
If they are planning something I wonder if they will use Victory Day as cover for bulk troop movement. It is also likely around the start of peak conditions for moving hardware in the region as the ground starts to dry out.

Hard to read the intentions though or what else it might be misdirection for.

You're trying to read too much into it. The reality is that no one wants war, its just the typical phallic object dangling. Having said that, things can get out of hand and escalate very fast. My concern is that we get to a point where russia does not care anymore for western response. Like for example, tomorrow US decides to physically torpedo Nord Stream 2 and switch off Russia from Swift just like that and declare that Ukraine is entering NATO in a week. At this hypothetical point, Putin gets a blank check to do whatever short of Nuclear war from his brainwashed population. So of-course we'll see full blown invasion of Ukraine and most likely of whole Eastern europe to go along with it. I am sure in this scenario, the Chinese would push the invasion in Pacific including Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam. While the NATO and Western world is better equipped, we have a lot more to lose. Do you want to fight Ivans somewhere in Ukraine or Chinese in Taiwan? I sure as heck do not.

To lay down your life fighting 'commies' thousands miles away from home so that Lockheed can make some money.

I am worried we're reaching that point slowly but surely. It reminds me of a rise of Hitler to world war 2, the people truly believed in Germany they were screwed over so much by the Allies and had little to lose.

We really do not want to get to a point where russians believe they have nothing to lose - for our own sake.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The whole swarming is hilarious waste of time. 30 miles from Crimea, this ship would be sunk from land based anti ship missiles in a heartbeat or from a russian missile ship literally parked in harbour.

The whole video is actually laughable, we have 48 missiles we could take them down!! Jesus Christ, you guys would be sunk from a barrage of missiles from the land literally within minutes if you tried anything. Like I hope this is for camera propaganda and you're not that stupid.

Sure a big enough attack would saturate it but in a actual hot situation (and they rarely operate alone) the Type 45 is designed for this kind of situation - a single hostile missile destroyer is going to be a smoking wreck long before it could kill a Type 45.

Permabanned
Sure a big enough attack would saturate it but in a actual hot situation (and they rarely operate alone) the Type 45 is designed for this kind of situation - a single hostile missile destroyer is going to be a smoking wreck long before it could kill a Type 45.

There are a dozen missile destroyers, submarines, ship busting planes and land based anti ship missiles 30 miles away... Its a sitting duck in this case, trying to pretend that if things heated up in this situation - that type 45 would be floating still in 5 minutes is delusional.

Open waters, sure. 30 miles from Sevastopol? No chance

Man of Honour
You're trying to read too much into it.

I'm keeping an open mind but it is increasingly an odd situation without a clear reading - I wouldn't hold much to the defence minister's talk of it being an exercise until we actually see a draw down.

The configuration of additional deployments makes no sense from an exercise, political or defensive position but far insufficient in numbers and supporting logistics infrastructure, etc. for any real invasion which begs the question if they'd arrive when.

Theoretically the only other scenario that makes any kind of sense is a rapid advance on a specific objective while Ukrainian forces were drawn out by a distraction but there doesn't seem to be anything which matches that unless they expect Ukraine to roll over again. Stuff like the water supply issues can't be fixed without permanently taking parts of Ukraine.

There are a dozen missile destroyers, submarines, ship busting planes and land based anti ship missiles 30 miles away... Its a sitting duck in this case, trying to pretend that if things heated up in this situation - that type 45 would be floating still in 5 minutes is delusional.

Open waters, sure. 30 miles from Sevastopol? No chance

I don't believe they have any missile destroyers currently in that region, there are a few subs and some smaller missile ships of which half are either currently undergoing refit or deployed elsewhere than Sevastopol. The land based defences are probably a bigger threat.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Black fleet is pretty much made up of small missile ships. There is a lot of them there.

Regardless, there is overhelming firepower there for a single type 45 to do anything about. The threat from land based missiles alone would be enough.

The improved Kilo’s subs in the area carry anti ship missiles along with torpedos. Its not a place I’d want to be as a hostile ship.

Soldato
You're trying to read too much into it. The reality is that no one wants war, its just the typical phallic object dangling. Having said that, things can get out of hand and escalate very fast. My concern is that we get to a point where russia does not care anymore for western response. Like for example, tomorrow US decides to physically torpedo Nord Stream 2 and switch off Russia from Swift just like that and declare that Ukraine is entering NATO in a week. At this hypothetical point, Putin gets a blank check to do whatever short of Nuclear war from his brainwashed population. So of-course we'll see full blown invasion of Ukraine and most likely of whole Eastern europe to go along with it. I am sure in this scenario, the Chinese would push the invasion in Pacific including Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam. While the NATO and Western world is better equipped, we have a lot more to lose. Do you want to fight Ivans somewhere in Ukraine or Chinese in Taiwan? I sure as heck do not.

To lay down your life fighting 'commies' thousands miles away from home so that Lockheed can make some money.

I am worried we're reaching that point slowly but surely. It reminds me of a rise of Hitler to world war 2, the people truly believed in Germany they were screwed over so much by the Allies and had little to lose.

We really do not want to get to a point where russians believe they have nothing to lose - for our own sake.

Not sure what you are saying here, should we let putin do what he wants and invade whoever and face zero consequences for his actions incase we upset him?
Russia under Putin already has an us v them mentality.

Thinking like that also managed to help Hitler get to the point of deciding he can get away with anything.

Soldato
The whole point of the ship is track multiple hostiles using the Sampson radar and launch aster 15/30 interceptors to destroy them before they are destroyed, that's how they defeat them,that's what it's designed to do.

Unless they have lasers....
It does more than you think it can, and we'll leave it at that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom