University Results

Una

Una

Associate
Stellios said:
Guys, kinda off topic here, but how does uni grading work? Im doing a BSc next year, and all this 1:1 etc is confusing :o

<40% Fail
40-49 Third class
50-59 2:2
60-69 2:1
70+ 1st

Then a certain % of your 2nd year and 3rd year contribute to your overall classification (Think this depends on the uni).

Last edited:
Associate
Una said:
<40% Fail
40-49 Third class
70+ 1st

Then a certain % of your 2nd year and 3rd year contribute to your overall classification (Think this depends on the uni).

yeah at some unis 1st year counts too, at my future one its possible to get your overall first by end of 2nd year :)

Caporegime
Una said:
Could be different for scotland.

In scotland it is usually still the 40-49 =3rd, 50-59=2.2,60-69=2.1, >70 1st.

------

Yep, I worked far too hard for the degree, but at least I got a first out of it, and I guess in some sense every bit of effort was worth it since I averaged 70%.... no wasted marks there!

Soldato
Una said:
Could be different for scotland.

Nope, my university is the same as you posted but there are always exceptions, such as Medicine and Dentistry and some Masters courses too.

Anyhoo, I've just finished 3rd year (of 4), and currently sitting on a 2.1. I'm slightly gutted about some results, but hopefully I will be in a better frame of mind and circumstances for next year :).

Soldato
Una said:
<40% Fail
40-49 Third class
70+ 1st

Ahhhhh, thats easy enough to understand. Thanks a lot for clearing that up :D

Associate
Got my final year results yesterday. First class in Computer Science (Cambridge) :) .

I also got the Microsoft research award for best student (I think this means I got the best first in the year) and an award for my dissertation. In all a job well done :) . Shame about the hang over.

Man of Honour
First year results, so they don't count long term. Phwoar, I cut it close. In 3 exams I got decent 2:1 results.

In one exam 'Introduction to Microbiology' (Kind of ironic when I did so well in aplied microbiology), where nothing in even my notes came up I got 42% :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank the lord... geez! No retakes for me, hehe! :cool:

Soldato
1st (74.7%) BSc Physics with Theoretical Astrophyiscs in my 2nd year at Nottingham University. Got 76.4% average in my January exams so I'm a little disappointed. Beat my mates though and you can't do better than a first so it's ok :)

Soldato
To top it off, I won the prize for best Masters project (actually 3 of us won it due to the staff not being able to to justfify one as the best of the 3). I also won the prize for best Mphys 4th year performance, split with another person. I was well shocked by that, but damn chuffed too :)

Soldato
ArmyofHarmony said:
i got a third in second year Physics :/

im averaging 49% overall, need 66% next year for a 2:1

Ive averaged 52% after three years of my Meng Mechanical Design, materials, and manufacture course. Had flu through jan exams in second year, and broke my collar bone very badly jsut before sumemr exams. In this last year (3rd year) i have ust been lazy and found it hard to work. Got 67% in my individual project though so was well chuffed, but 28% in a management module :eek:

Got that one mark to bring up in a retake in august and will retake another i got 36% in just to make sure.

I need 73-74% in my final year for a 2:1. LOL.

well done with your grades so far lads.

Soldato
SaBBz said:
1st (74.7%) BSc Physics with Theoretical Astrophyiscs in my 2nd year at Nottingham University. Got 76.4% average in my January exams so I'm a little disappointed. Beat my mates though and you can't do better than a first so it's ok :)

Nice one. Nottingham uni for the win, but more importantly, OCEAN BABY!!!

Back
Top Bottom