University Results

Soldato
I dont know when my results will come, but I'm scared out of my skin.

I'm scared because so far in my final year I have received two D's and three C's. Barely a passing grade.

I screwed up, I chose a course that turned out to be completely wrong for me, and I didn't change to another one. I lost any motivation I ever had, and in all honesty I have wasted what could have been the best years of my life.
I even messed up the placement (sandwich course) by making an awful impression.

I am not attending my award ceremony, because frankly I dont expect to even pass.

Right now I'm just praying I can find a graduate job and get a career regardless, although I am considering something completely unrelated to my field of study - for which it seems I am woefully inadequate.

P.S. Good luck to everyone, hope you all get better grades than you expect!

Associate
OP
well this is dandy..

i'm the thread opener and my tutor still hasn't got a clue when our results are arriving. Woo.. go John Moores Uni, u rock!

Quite wierd really, i had about three weeks when i was tryin my hardest to find out when to expect them, but now after waitin and not knowing, i no longer care.

Job hunting is fun though, filling out application forms and putting down 'degree classification still pending'.. bottom of the pile me thinks.

Associate
how much work did you put into your exams?

to be honest, i only started revising 2 weeks before them, but i thought i did enough to get 2:1s on all the core modules,

didnt get a 2:1 on even one of them, really want to see my paper but they aren't allowed to hand them out :/

worried about next year though... i'd have to say im on a 3rd on my CV if applying when not having results :(

Man of Honour
ArmyofHarmony said:
About 6 weeks of 8-16 hours a day, I still fuffed a 42% in one module :o

Didn't help that what came up wasn't even in my notes, but... ya know...

More attention to be paid next year I think for me....

Soldato
ArmyofHarmony said:

I'd had half of the marks for modules already, so i knew what i needed to get in the exams for a 2i and first :) For a 2i i needed to just pass them, but a first i'd need to get 75%+! So i settled for the 'just pass' route ;)

Una

Una

Associate
ArmyofHarmony said:

to be honest, i only started revising 2 weeks before them, but i thought i did enough to get 2:1s on all the core modules,

didnt get a 2:1 on even one of them, really want to see my paper but they aren't allowed to hand them out :/

worried about next year though... i'd have to say im on a 3rd on my CV if applying when not having results :(

I had 3 exams, 2 of them I put about 8 hours a day for 2 weeks in for each, the other one I did none for :).
Next year im going to have to put more revision time at exams because I expect them to be much harder.

Soldato
I did no revision for any of my exams and I didn't hand in 2-3 projects over easter. I'm bricking it. Granted it's only first year but my Mum and Dad are gonna kill me.

What's the worst that can hapen btw if I fail some modules?

Associate
i was told, dunno how true this is, that if you fail modules you lose your (Hons).

i was rubbish at revision this year as we had coursework hand-ins right until just before the exam period. i had about a day and a half on each of my four exams.

results out this friday... eek.

im in my final year and worked out i only need about 50% in each to get a 2:1 though so fingers crossed all will be well.

Associate
Tommy D said:
I did no revision for any of my exams and I didn't hand in 2-3 projects over easter. I'm bricking it. Granted it's only first year but my Mum and Dad are gonna kill me.

resit your year

Soldato
Tommy D said:

I am not sure if all universities are they same?

At mine, you get a chance to re-submit failed work in august and even if you fail then your allowed to take one unit over to the next year...

but then i go to a micky mouse university :D

Man of Honour
Tommy D said:

The worst that can happen? Parents disown you, throw you out the house, refuse to pay tuition fees and support you,... but that's a little extreme :p

You'll likely be able to retake failed modules in the summer, but the'll be capped at a certain grade, probably 40% unless you have some special mitigating circumstances.

Soldato
gah, I'll have to wait and see I guess.

It was bad at home for me this year, Grandad dying of cancer most of it. Couldn't really get motivated for Uni. No excuse though I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
I found out i passed my degree a couple of weeks back, still not sure as to what my exact marks are as the uni has extreme difficulity in sending mail out to a bfpo address :mad: So im going to have to wait untill i get back into aberdeen to find out how well or bad i passed. Honours year next so will have to work even harder!

Associate
Found out today that I passed my second year. Haven't got the actual marks but I don't expect them to be that great as I was expecting a couple of retakes. Truth be told, just pleased to pass and get onto my placement year in the position where I can forget about Uni work for the year. Just got 9 to 5's to worry about now! Good luck to everyone else expecting results.

Associate
ArmyofHarmony said:
I really wish i had some drive, and enjoyed a subject that set me up nicely for a placement year

sounds ace

Haha, so do I. To be honest, although Computer Science for the most is something I enjoy, some of the modules seem completely irrelevant to me. Feel at times I would have been better doing a straight programming and software engineering course as these are the modules I enjoy most and will be using in my job at Caterpillar.

Back
Top Bottom