University Results

Associate
astralcars said:
Got a 1st class in Economics from Warwick Uni.
I was a real hermit during exam season, so it's pleasing to see the effort pay off :)

if you are in first year, do you know the name of the guy that came top of Econ at warwick?

@Arcade well done matey!! There are some insanely clever maths guys i guess :) (you may know one of my friends mates - hes at trin and got to skip first year maths apparently 'cause hes that good.)

Suspended
I don't know of anyone at Trinity who skipped the first year, but that's not to say that there isn't someone - there are one or two people every year who could probably skip the first year if they wanted to. I've heard that there's someone at another college who went directly from the second year to the fourth year, because he was going to graduate courses anyway.

Personally, I don't know why you'd bother. I don't think you gain any particular advantage from getting your PhD a year earlier, and you miss out on a year of university, and all the social stuff that brings with it. I suppose that there remains the possibility that some of these people are so socially inept that that doesn't bother them, though... ;)

In other news, I just got a letter from my college saying that I've been elected to a senior scholarship and that they'd like to give me £250. Hurrah.

Associate
you've done really well arcade. Does that mean you will now also be teachign people while doing your PhD at camb lol? How wierd would that be!

Suspended
I still don't know if I have funding for a PhD yet, so that's a little premature. But yes, if I did do a PhD, I would do some teaching as well. And yes, it would be weird - I'm sure that I don't know enough maths to do that!

Soldato
ooo some great grades here! well done lads (and ladies?)

I averaged 80% for my first year in Software Engineering at Stafford uni. I put in near enough no effort though, so im more than happy about it, and hope to carry on getting grades like that :D

Associate
I got my results a 67% average in Computer Science at Kent for the 2nd year, well according to the online data system, but thats kinda dodgy, though I am doing my placement year in Vienna already, so thats kind of a relief, would be hard to go back and do some retakes from here.

Associate
Replicant said:
I would only apply for a masters if you really enjoyed the course (unless its something unrelated) a masters is a lot of work by all accounts.

won't know until you try it. lol. i'm applying for a field in e-business which I should enjoy. hopfully

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hoping for a distinction in MSc Advanced Music Production :)

....For the purposes of the thread I got a 1st in my BSc

Also, the second and third year WILL rape you, so beware first years mwuhahaha ;)

Suspended
Found out today I got a 2:1, which is alright :)

Passed HP Cert exams to so I'm now an openview proffessional or summit - and me degree included CCNA - bargain

Associate
Lagmeister said:
He speaks da truf, the first year really isnt worth much at all, in face mine isnt worth anything at all

Very true, in my degree the first year was only used to qualify for the second year and didnt contribute anything toward my final degree mark. I wish it had of done though! That was my best year heh. Thankfully still managed to get a 2.1 in maths from bath, but barely!

Back
Top Bottom