**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Suggestions for 2x tyres for Fiesta ST3 - 205/40/17 84W Reinforced? Fronts to be binned, rears moved forward and new on the back.
Got just under 21,000 miles in just under 3 years on the original Bridgestone Potenza's that came fitted.

**Edit**
Looking at a mid budget tyre as I may be looking to change cars in the next 6 months so would want to avoid throwing away £££. Fronts are probably around ~3mm or so (will need to re-check) and rears ~6mm.

Last edited:
Associate
What's the difference between Michelin PS4 and PS4S? And which is the better of the 2?

Currently looking at replacing 4 P Zero's with Michelins but, from a brief look, can't find anything definitive on the above.

Soldato
What's the difference between Michelin PS4 and PS4S? And which is the better of the 2?

Currently looking at replacing 4 P Zero's with Michelins but, from a brief look, can't find anything definitive on the above.

Define "better"? The PS4S is a UHP summer tyre designed for high performance cars with large wheels (it's 19"+ only at the moment). The PS4 is its slightly lesser sibling, but aimed at more general applications and available in smaller wheel sizes too.

Soldato
I was just coming to say how amazing the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are too. Had them fitted last week and in a couple of town drives in the cold and wet, already multiple times I've put down more power than I thought they would cope with and it just rocketed me off up the road instead. Really impressive.

Associate
Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for. I meant better as in tyre performance.

Looking at a set of 4 PS4S for £780 fitted on a 435i. Had it's MOT yesterday and down to 2mm on the fronts, 4mm on the rears.

Soldato
You've still got quite a bit of tread at the rear. It seems wasteful to get rid of a tyre which is only ~60% through its life.

I'd get the fronts fitted at as a tyre on 2mm is ready for changing. Then get the rears done in 6 months when they need doing.

Associate
Suggestions for 2x tyres for Fiesta ST3 - 205/40/17 84W Reinforced? Fronts to be binned, rears moved forward and new on the back.
Got just under 21,000 miles in just under 3 years on the original Bridgestone Potenza's that came fitted.

**Edit**
Looking at a mid budget tyre as I may be looking to change cars in the next 6 months so would want to avoid throwing away £££. Fronts are probably around ~3mm or so (will need to re-check) and rears ~6mm.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are a good budget choice for the ST. Not very long lasting though.
Michelin PS3's are what I would choose (and have done) but obviously costs are a lot higher.

Sgarrista
Commissario
New boots just turned up.

Upsized from 255/35/20 285/30/20 to 305/30/20 and 265/35/20.

Sport Cup 2's.

Grip, here I come :D

i.php

i.php

i.php

Associate
From reading around the web, there seems to be talk that the 18" PS4S sizes will be with us is 2-3 months, one of their main US suppliers has a couple of sizes now listed on their website too.

Think it might be worth me holding off in this case and wait to see if they are imminent.

Soldato
Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are a good budget choice for the ST. Not very long lasting though.
Michelin PS3's are what I would choose (and have done) but obviously costs are a lot higher.

Just had a set of uniroyal Rainsport 3s fitted to the skoda fabia & although I've not done many miles yet I have to say the car feels so much better than the old continentals it had on from the factory.

Associate

**Edit**

I have the same size tyres on my Ibiza and went with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2s as they were about £80/tyre fitted at the time. Grip is good overall and only poor driving gets them spinning.

Something mid-range like a Kuhmo Ecsta PS71 (£65/tyre fitted) or Avon ZZ5 (£71/tyre fitted) should be more than capable for the rear where they aren't loaded as heavily as the fronts.

Soldato
From reading around the web, there seems to be talk that the 18" PS4S sizes will be with us is 2-3 months, one of their main US suppliers has a couple of sizes now listed on their website too.

Think it might be worth me holding off in this case and wait to see if they are imminent.

Yeah I had contacted them when they first released the range and the answer was pretty much that they're coming, just not yet. Doesn't really matter to me as I run 20's now, but nice to know the option would be there if I dropped down.

Back
Top Bottom