**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Caporegime
My mind keeps changing, my front F1A2's are down to around 2mm and i will be changing them back to CS5's (well that's my current thinking).

However the differences are negligible, the CS5's seem to wear a little better.

Soldato
Ain't CSC5's more for the saloon? I got this impression after reading reviews on them.

I have been through about 10 CSC3 tyres, they are great but do wear quite quick. Average 10k miles, though brilliant grip in the dry/wet/snow.

Will continue to use this tyre for a long time.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;23759350 said:
These have been around for years and years now, surely not competitive anymore?

I'm on my 3rd set and why would they not be competitive still if they do exactly what they're designed to do (and very well), be high performance tyres in wet and dry?

Associate
I'm getting 2 x EF1A2's fitted today oddly enough :)

I've paid more than you've been quoted, but that includes fitting and balancing

Soldato
Good thread.

Hating my Bridgestone Potenza's (RE040) that came on the car when I bought it. Such a horrid tyre it's ridiculous, seems very skitterish on fast bends where the road surface isn't perfectly smooth - have them on my 325 as well (came with that too :p) which is exactly the same.

They just don't inspire confidence when driving quickly.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23759350 said:
These have been around for years and years now, surely not competitive anymore?

What else would be worth a look in then? If I can get a set of decent performing tyres for a similar prices to the Vreds then I'll give them a shot. Otherwise I've been more than happy with the performance and longevity they offer and they seem to be very well suited to the E46.

Soldato
Yes, this much is obvious :p

lol my point was that while they are still good tyres, eventually they won't be as good as high end current-gen offerings that use newer/potentially better compounds i.e. not being competitive anymore as Fox said. I can't say whether that's happened yet or not though, I don't know enough about these tyres to comment

Back
Top Bottom