**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Caporegime
Even my stupidly slow Merc diesel hybrid comes with 285/40/22 fronts and 325/35/22 rears! And stupidly Merc doesnt let you change them anymore as "it confuses used buyers in the future":rolleyes:

The tyres are wider and lower profile than what you get on the AMG 53 GLE! Somebody at merc has lost the plot

Man of Honour
Blackcircles has Continental 5P's MO in that size for £275 fitted?

Just noticed he did explain which size it was. It's a rare size so low levels of choice but the 5P is the Mercedes specified tyre and it's 246 quid each at Camskill.

Even Kwik Fit will fit them for 270 quid each.

There are a few 470 quid tyres in this size but these are specifically designed for the Aston Martin SUV and not the GLE diesel.

Man of Honour
There are no MO fit / right sized Cup 2’s in stock seemingly and 2-3 week wait for Michelin to ship them to my local chap. I could have gone Pirelli were they decent but they are not and the savings were minimal and after lots of research I didn’t fancy the potential risk / hassle of going wrong sized MPS4S :(

Caporegime
Just noticed he did explain which size it was. It's a rare size so low levels of choice but the 5P is the Mercedes specified tyre and it's 246 quid each at Camskill.

Even Kwik Fit will fit them for 270 quid each.

There are a few 470 quid tyres in this size but these are specifically designed for the Aston Martin SUV and not the GLE diesel.

TRo be fair I was pricing up winter tyres ready for winter later in the year. Will be better off buying some 19 or 20" rims and putting winter tyres on them I think.

Soldato
ATS Euromaster also have a very good deal mixed in with Michelins too, seen as we're talking about deals.

Got my 4x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S in 275/35-20 102Y XL for just £785 fitted which is an average of £130+ cheaper than everywhere else online I've just tried (est £910-950), including all of those with a better Michelin offer (£50 off for 2 tyres or £100 off for 4 tyres etc which is better than ATS).

yk8W0AF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom