Unstable System?

Associate
Hello folks. Not sure if I'm posting in the right place here, because neither my CPU or my GPU are overclocked at the moment, but I think my PC is pretty unstable and would really appreciate some advice on how to sort it out.

I have recently done a fresh re-install of Windows XP 32 bit edition on a clean and freshly formatted drive. I have installed the latest motherboard drivers for my Abit IP35-E and have got the latest versions of the Nvidia graphics drives too. Windows is up to date also. The whole reason for me 'starting over' was because I wanted to play Empire Total War again, properly this time, as last time I was trying to play it it was buggy and they have released a lot of patches since then.

The game crashed in my first 'turn' during a diplomacy interaction with an AI player. I haven't overclocked in ages but I downloaded a couple of tools I used to use to see if things were stable - SP2004.exe and Speedfan. No point installing speedfan because as soon as sp2004 started doing it's thing my computer rebooted. I only had one instance of sp2004 open.

I have done it a couple more time and the same thing happens. I was going to start another instance of that program as I have a dual core chip (E2180 I think it is) but I can't get that far!

What should I do first in my troubleshooting for this? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom