Unsure of what server specs are required.

Soldato
Recently i purchased the house I have lived in for some time, as you do I started going through the process of renovating it and with it everything that protects it.
This has led me to looking into smart home additions and new security installs and the process of managing it all. I have always had a server running for some sort of media duty, initially, that was the sole purpose of a mysql database feeding 2 nvidia shields running kodi, a couple of years ago I added to this Tvheadend duty's to manage Freeview DVB-t streams to utilise the integrated Tv functionality within kodi and upgraded the server to a celeron j3455 using webmin for management. For the most part this has ran faultlessly for the entirety of its life, 2Gb of ram and 4Tb of storage has sufficed but i think I have now reached a point where what I'm going to ask of it will be a tad much. so my question is what specs should I be looking to get for running the following and the simplest hardware to do this with.

Unraid managing NFS, samba shares and running the following....
Native app: Tvheadend feeding x2 Nvidia shields, Fta digital tv via x3 USB tuner cards and DVR is handled by Tvheadend also
Docker: Home assistant Running Z-wave and MQTT duties
Docker: undefined NVR software running x3 5mp ip cameras
A couple of 4Tb drives and a 1Tb Dedicated NVR drive.

I wont be recording 24/7 but at the same time I don't want my server to fall over while I'm watching tv or media because someone decides to walk in my garden and the cameras begin to log an event.
simple remote access to everything you would think you needed it to as well. Unraid seems to be the simplest and slickest way to manage all of this but I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

Back
Top Bottom