Untitled Indiana Jones Project (2021)

Caporegime
This is one film series that could actually do with a complete reboot. Ford is too old now and the last one was an abomination. Either find a new actor and start clean or just leave it.

Soldato
Spielberg and Lucas did a pretty good job of ruining Crystal Skull without Disney's help, but I've no doubt they will be up to the task of going one better, just as they did with Star Wars after Lucas had already managed to ruin it.

I'm just thankful Spielberg didn't molest the Indiana Jones trilogy by adding unnecessary crap, then tell people they must watch his 'improved versions' and that the originals no longer existed.

Just for lols, I want them to cast the guy from Solo.

Haha.

Probably a woman lead, Indianabelle Jones.

The existence of Lara Croft might stop this happening, otherwise I'm sure they would do that.

Soldato
Spielberg and Lucas did a pretty good job of ruining Crystal Skull without Disney's help, but I've no doubt they will be up to the task of going one better, just as they did with Star Wars after Lucas had already managed to ruin it.

I'm just thankful Spielberg didn't molest the Indiana Jones trilogy by adding unnecessary crap, then tell people they must watch his 'improved versions' and that the originals no longer existed.

he was planning on doing that though, luckily the backlash stopped him.

they need to make a new franchise, without Ford its pointless, and ford cares so little that with ford its pointless also.

Soldato
I might be alone in this but...

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my absolute favourite films, while the sequels were derivative, corny and had jumped the shark by the end of Last Crusade. Indiana Jones was definitely a victim of it's own success and could never match the characters and story of the original.

Just like there is only one Matrix, Ghostbusters and Jaws there is only one Indy film in my world.

I would love to see an offshoot rather than a reboot, another adventurer or one of Indy's students or something. The son thing was rubbish, Disney will make it probably miss the mark whatever they do. There are only 3 Star Wars films by the way.

Last edited:
Soldato

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my absolute favourite films, while the sequels were derivative, corny and had pretty jumped the shark by the end of Last Crusade. Indiana Jones was definitely a victim of it's own success and could never match the characters and story of the original.

Just like there is only one Matrix, Ghostbusters and Jaws there is only one Indy film in my world.

The original is definitely the best, but temple of Doom and last crusade were both worthwhile sequels in my opinion.

Less said about crystal skull the better though....

Soldato

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my absolute favourite films, while the sequels were derivative, corny and had pretty jumped the shark by the end of Last Crusade. Indiana Jones was definitely a victim of it's own success and could never match the characters and story of the original.

No there are 3 Indy films and The Temple of Doom is the best one, this is not a point for debate and has been scientifically proven as fact by people with neckbeards and no hair.
Someone did hint at a 4th film many years ago, I may have even seen a rough draft of something filmed on an iphone about a fridge made out of adamantium and vibranium or something but it's existence has since been denied by many. :D

Caporegime
The original is definitely the best, but temple of Doom and last crusade were both worthwhile sequels in my opinion.

Less said about crystal skull the better though....
Don’t be too harsh. That film gave valuable advice on how to survive a nuclear explosion. I went straight out and bought an American style fridge. Now I feel fully prepared for nuclear Armageddon. Thanks Indy ;)

Back
Top Bottom