Untitled Indiana Jones Project (2021)

Caporegime
And every single special effect in the film, and the story, and the script and the ending and......the whole ******* thing.

There really was nothing wrong with the ending. Odd we find aliens strange, but mystical powers derived from God absolutely fine (the Grail and the Arc).

That said, the overall film was pretty poor, but that's what you get when you try and use the same style as a 90s film today. Sequels of those older films just don't work well IMO. Either you keep the same style and it just seems super corny today, or you make it with a modern style and it loses everything that made the originals great.

Associate
The original is definitely the best, but temple of Doom and last crusade were both worthwhile sequels in my opinion.

Less said about crystal skull the better though....

100% Raiders is and will always be the best.

Still love Temple of Doom - the opening sequence alone is epic. Kate Capshaw and the Indian Palace, the third I have slightly less love (like Return of the Jedi) but still a great film. The Crystal Skull just one too many.

Indiana like the original Star Wars films, was a trilogy which works, add more and it falls apart. In fact Im struggling to think of quality trilogies which work seamlessly, the last (offhand) is the Bourne films?

Caporegime
Come on Harrison, don't die yet ya old codger!
Indiana Jones and the Zimmer Frame of Doom?

e:
Indiana Jones and the Zimmer frame of doom?

Can't be any worse than crystal skull :p
That'll teach me to read threads from the last page backwards :p

It would take a very special film to be worse than Crystal Skull. I couldn't bring myself to watch all of it. I was cringing so hard I was worried I'd be left with permanent facial disfigurement.

Caporegime
100% Raiders is and will always be the best.

Still love Temple of Doom - the opening sequence alone is epic. Kate Capshaw and the Indian Palace, the third I have slightly less love (like Return of the Jedi) but still a great film. The Crystal Skull just one too many.

Indiana like the original Star Wars films, was a trilogy which works, add more and it falls apart. In fact Im struggling to think of quality trilogies which work seamlessly, the last (offhand) is the Bourne films?
I loved TOD. I liked Shortround. Little badass!

I also enjoyed all 3 BTTF films. That was a decent trilogy. And the first 4 Rocky films were great. 5 was gash, but 6 rescued it. I’ll always remember it just for the Sunshine and rainbows speech.

Back
Top Bottom