updating firmware on Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR

Associate
Hi all,

I have been having intermitant issues with the above access point over the 2 weeks I have had it. I contacted support at Ubiquiti and they suggested I update the firmware of the device to see if that helps. I was provided the below link to do this

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910124-UniFi-TFTP-Recovery-for-Bricked-Access-Points

I have followed the steps to the last point but can't get the file transferred. I have the most recent firmware. I have adjustmed my settings as per below screenshot.

Hg9S52v.png

My AP is flashing in the correct sequence (white>blue>off) so I know it is in the correct mode.

My pumpkin looks like the below but it just timeouts and then aborts

jn01JDu.png

I have been through this with the support and they are suggesting an RMA of the device which is fine but I feel there is an easy check I can do somewhere here to make sure I am not missing anything.

Has anyone done this process or similar before or know if I can try something else to get this firmware updated before I send it back?

Associate
Make sure the port for pumpkin is open on Windows firewall. The easiest thing to do is just turn off Windows Firewall whilst you are doing the flash.

Associate
OP
Why not just install the controller software instead of farting around with SSH? Or have you actually bricked it?

Originally the AP was just losing connection and dropping out. Eventually, after I unplugged it to restart it it was stuck in a rebooting loop (constant white led flashing before turning off and trying again). I could not connect outside of the TFTP route.

Make sure the port for pumpkin is open on Windows firewall. The easiest thing to do is just turn off Windows Firewall whilst you are doing the flash.

Thanks for the advise. I managed to get it updated by doing everything in a different order than the original instructions. It's updated to the latest firmware now and I am connected to it now so hopefully it has fixed the dropping out issues

Back
Top Bottom