Updating Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE Motherboard

Associate
Link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

My CPU is the Ryzen 5 2600.

I am preparing my motherboard for a Ryzen 5000 CPU by updating to the latest bios F51 (from there I can update to the beta bios when I have it). With my current bios F5, I am confused as to how I should update to the F51 bios. From reading the descriptions I see that an incremental bios update process is required? I have also noticed the red texts however I have never updated my bios before so I am looking for better/clearer instructions so I do not brick my motherboard by accident. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

EDIT 1 -

From F5:
1. Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version
2. Update to F30
3. Update to F31
4. Update to F32
5. Install EC FW Update Tool
6. Update to F40
7. Update to F51 (latest)

Would this be the right way?

EDIT 2 -

Gigabyte eSupport have replied back to me! so, I think it will be best to follow this. It also coincides with the information I was given here.

Gigabyte_eSupport_Reply.PNG

Much thanks to @Wingz for his help and @lee32uk for his advice :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

There is no bios version that supports Ryzen 5000 for that board (At least not yet). You are probably looking at January if you do get one.

So I wouldn't touch anything until you know there is a working bios, and you have the cpu in hand. Pretty sure you can't roll back to an earlier version once you update.

Associate
OP
Hey, Thanks for the reply! Yeah I know there isn't a current bios available for my motherboard for zen 3, however, i was hoping to have the board at least somewhat ready (i.e. 1 bios update away from the actual beta bios for ryzen 5000 because I will have to update to the F51 bios at some point either way). My current ryzen 5 2600 cpu should still work on the F51 bios so I would be good in that regard. My specific problem is how I update to latest (F51) bios currently as i am not 100% sure

Last edited:
Soldato
there was actually a bios for it f60c which Gigabyte removed after. It supports the ryzen 5000 and many people updated without problems. Just need to wait for those with 5000 cpus to test it.

Here is the link to the bios, if you don't plan to buy the ryzen 5000 anytime soon you should wait for the offical release.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_b450-aorus-elite_f60c.zip

You can also check out the reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jkvkj6/gigabyte_has_released_bios_updates_for_all_b450/

Soldato
Link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

My CPU is the Ryzen 5 2600.

I am preparing my motherboard for a Ryzen 5000 CPU by updating to the latest bios F51 (from there I can update to the beta bios when I have it). With my current bios F5, I am confused as to how I should update to the F51 bios. From reading the descriptions I see that an incremental bios update process is required? I have also noticed the red texts however I have never updated my bios before so I am looking for better/clearer instructions so I do not brick my motherboard by accident. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

EDIT -

From F5:
1. Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version
2. Update to F30
3. Update to F31
4. Update to F32
5. Install EC FW Update Tool
6. Update to F40
7. Update to F51 (latest)

Would this be the right way?

Update to F32, Installl The EC FW Update, Update to F50, then Finally update to the latest.

Associate
OP
Hii, thanks for those links but I think i'll wait to make a decision when I eventually get the cpu in-hand! Also regarding what you've said about the bios updates...

so its Update to F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → Update to F50 → Update to F51 (latest)

is there any specific reason to skip F30, F31 and F40 - are they not required in my case? Thanks for the brilliant help :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hii, thanks for those links but I think i'll wait to make a decision when I eventually get the cpu in-hand! Also regarding what you've said about the bios updates...

so its Update to F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → Update to F50 → Update to F51 (latest)

is there any specific reason to skip F30, F31 and F40 - are they not required in my case? Thanks for the brilliant help :)

You don't need to install each bios, usually the latest bios will have the updates and fixes from the previous bios. SO when people buy a new motherboard they will just update to the latest.

But in this case, before you can update to F40 it requires you to flash to F32 before continuing.

You could possibly skip F50 and update to F52 (latest) but since it has a warning it's safer to update to F50 then continue.

Associate
OP
You don't need to install each bios, usually the latest bios will have the updates and fixes from the previous bios. SO when people buy a new motherboard they will just update to the latest.

But in this case, before you can update to F40 it requires you to flash to F32 before continuing.

You could possibly skip F50 and update to F52 (latest) but since it has a warning it's safer to update to F50 then continue.

Thanks for the further help, I really appreciate your expertise! I understand the procedure from F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → F40 - where in between I must install the EC FW Update Tool in Windows.

Regarding updating to the very latest F52 bios instead of F51 is there much reason to update to F52 as it is for Ryzen 3rd Gen XT CPUs or is it because it may contain further fixes and updates?

Finally, does the following procedure look good? Update to F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → Update to F50 → Update to F51 or F52 (latest)

Thanks!

Soldato
Thanks for the further help, I really appreciate your expertise! I understand the procedure from F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → F40 - where in between I must install the EC FW Update Tool in Windows.

Regarding updating to the very latest F52 bios instead of F51 is there much reason to update to F52 as it is for Ryzen 3rd Gen XT CPUs or is it because it may contain further fixes and updates?

Finally, does the following procedure look good? Update to F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → Update to F50 → Update to F51 or F52 (latest)

Thanks!

F52 has a fix to patch the security flaw with SMM Callout Privilege Escalation, but it seems to only affect Ryzen APU which has built in graphics so its your choice.

Update to F32 → Install EC FW Update Tool → Update to F50 → Update to F51 or F52 (latest)

F40 then F50

Someone is already using a 5600X on a b450 board https://i.imgur.com/7ihirWF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom