Upgrade advice needed please.

Soldato
I don’t really know much about RAM. How does it differ from the stuff in my basket?

64GB Vs 32GB haha

Sorry, it's 32GB kit for £120 so two kits for 64GB would equal £240. Same speed but double the ram

Oloy is doing £210 odd for 32GBx2 at 3200hz speeds .

8 Pack kit will overclock better or have better timings , naturally

@tamzzy :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600MHz (Micron E Die) - ~£140 for 32Gb - tight timings and can usually be tweaked (default @ 3600Mhz 16 18 18 38.)

Associate
OP
64GB Vs 32GB haha

Sorry, it's 32GB kit for £120 so two kits for 64GB would equal £240. Same speed but double the ram

Oloy is doing £210 odd for 32GBx2 at 3200hz speeds .

8 Pack kit will overclock better or have better timings , naturally

@tamzzy :)

I’ve just seen the 8Pack RAM 16GB sticks are C14 whereas the 32GB I chose is C16. Is C14 worth it? 4 sticks of that better?

Soldato
I doubt I’d be overclocking the RAM as I wouldn’t know how but I might do the CPU eventually.
No need to - timings are tight already. But, the option is there as it's quality micron E-die.

Just another option and great value comparatively to other "premium" sets.

Associate
OP
No need to - timings are tight already. But, the option is there as it's quality micron E-die.

Just another option and great value comparatively to other "premium" sets.

Can only see 16GB kits at £188.99. Is that the one you mean? Go for 16GB of this over 32 of the other?

Associate
OP
LOL - it's an INTEL build too (should have guessed :p).

Yes, so the memory speed isn't that important.

*Skimming threads as i'm waiting to talk - just saw your name come up Orbi :)

My preference was for an Intel build. Other than gaming I will be using it for music production and AMD cpus have issues with audio latency.

Soldato
My preference was for an Intel build. Other than gaming I will be using it for music production and AMD cpus have issues with audio latency.
My INTEL comment wasn't a criticism of your choice of CPU (I'm not a martyr to either brand - just bang for performance) and you seem to have a valid reason for your CPU choice - i was ribbing @orbitalwalsh.

Associate
OP
My INTEL comment wasn't a criticism of your choice of CPU (I'm not a martyr to either brand - just bang for performance) and you seem to have a valid reason for your CPU choice - i was ribbing @orbitalwalsh.

It’s all good, I was actually looking at AMD systems but after speaking to a Pro Tools user friend he advised staying Intel. I’m glad I checked because AMD is definitely the more affordable option.

Associate
OP
Think I’m pretty happy with this as is now. I just need to find out about my Windows licence then I’m good to go.
I’d order it tonight if I had half a clue when my 3080 was due to arrive.
Must be patient!

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,332.55 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Soldato
A very tidy spec.

Where will you be mounting the AIO - and is silence key?

I build silent system - and choose quality air so that i can leave the top panel in place (less noise to escape).

Again, not a criticism - but notice you picked a bundle in your first post and wondered if you had even considered a quality tower cooler (be quiet Dark Rock or Noctua). Comparable performance and arguably quieter, especially when buying a case with padded panels to stop noise escaping.

Back
Top Bottom