Upgrade advice needed please.

Associate
OP
You forgot the P12 fans to replace the stock AIO fans at £5 per fan :)

And yes, Dark rock 4 pro is a very quiet CPU cooler and can handle 10 cores... AIO at cooler temps

Ah yes, need to add the fans back on, 3x 120 and 1x 140 for the rear.

That Dark Rock looks like it might be tricky taking ram in and out with it mounted? Not sure how high the ram I’ve chosen is and if it would clear it?
A silent (quiet) system would be preferable.

Soldato
That Dark Rock looks like it might be tricky taking ram in and out with it mounted?
Yes, although the front tower is notched it would be difficult to remove memory - even with 2 sticks you will have to remove front fan.

That said - once the memory is installed and the system is stable - you shouldn't have to touch the memory if you're getting 32GB.

But, admittedly AIOs do make overall component access easier.

Associate
OP
Yes, although the front tower is notched it would be difficult to remove memory - even with 2 sticks you will have to remove front fan.

That said - once the memory is installed and the system is stable - you shouldn't have to touch the memory if you're getting 32GB.

But, admittedly AIOs do make overall component access easier.

Definitely something to think about while I wait for the 3080.

Associate
OP
Consider

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX BLACK 32GB (2X16GB) 3600 MHZ AMD RYZEN TUNED DDR4 MEMORY DUAL KIT

£150

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...zen-tuned-ddr4-memory-dual-kit-my-4cl-cs.html

I’ve got Corsair LPX ram in my current build and never had a problem with it. I did look at this but thought the Ryzen tuned part meant it was not for Intel. If one ram kit is much the same as another I may as well save a few quid. Cheers

@orbitalwalsh my 420 days are long gone now but I’m always tempted when taking our boys to the swings and the kids there are at it.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh @Plec may be able to add to this.
They'll work with INTEL - but if you're not hardwired to get everything from OcUK (and there is a logic for troubleshooting - easy returns) - i would get the Crucial sets for ~£140 with better timings (they're still slutty sticks). It's an easy component to troubleshoot - as you have 2 sticks (rare to get 2 DOA - but not impossible).

Soldato
Oloy... £200. 3200hz.. 64gb (32gb X 2) ;)

Might as well overkill it haha
Decent timings considering 2 x 32GB sticks, too.

I like the way you bumped up the spec right at the end (a more subtle approach :D)- 420mm rad and 64GB!!! memory - you haven't lost your more power touch.

*And again awake past 10pm :o

Back
Top Bottom