Upgrade Advice

Associate
Hi all, have done a little bit of research about my upgrades I am planning.
Spending around 300-350GBP on a new CPU, Mobo and RAM.
System is used primarily for gaming and entertainment. Games I mainly play include Rocket League, CoD, CoD Warzone, CS:GO and many more. Currently able to run all these games above 60fps easily, even warzone and the new CoD Beta that was on the go a few weeks ago. Ready for a step up in performance as the 144Hz monitor only sees its full potential on RL and CSGO. Would like to hit that 144fps mark or as close to it in CoD and maybe some other AAA Titles that I may pick up.

Current PC Spec:
CPU - i5 4460 3.2ghz
CPU COOLER - Cryorig M9A
MOBO - MSI H97M G43
GPU - Radeon Powercolour Red Devil RX580 8GB
RAM - 4x4GB HyperX Fury 1600MHZ
PSU - TSXFX ProSeries 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
STORAGE - 1x 120GB TCSunbow SSD
1x Samsung 596GB HD642JJ (Super old came out of my first ever desktop still going yet!)
OS - Windows 10 Pro
CASE - iONZ KZ02 Mid tower (Ebay special to upgrade from my tiny Fractal Mini tower case actually really decent for the price came with 3 rgb fans can't complain!)
Monitor - BENQ Zowie 144hz 24' XL2411P (1920x1080p)

I am sure I want to move to AMD Ryzen CPUs. I am torn between the Ryzen 5 3600, 3600X & 3600XT
Is there a massive difference between them as from what I have seen the performance differences are minimal. As for motherboard I am pretty deadset on the B450M Mortar Max mATX. I don't personally see the need for a full ATX board as the other slots will lie empty, plus with my current case and cable management there would not be a tonne of room to make it cleaner than it already is without changing PSU. As for RAM, pretty set on Corsair Vengeance (2x8gb), any speed tbh whatever is cheapest hardly see it making a difference for what I do with my system. Anyway I would appreciate some help, I did look at the Ryzen 3 3300X but I think adding the extra 80-120GBP I would be better off, also looked at b550M motherboards but would rather spend the extra towards a CPU as opposed to a mobo as in my eyes it is more beneficial to get the extra cores and threads for that increased FPS stability. If I am talking pure nonsense feel free to correct me and explain why, not fully clued up on the recent new hardware and would really like to take my 5 year old system into the present. Cheers.

(would like to also add that I am aware my current CPU cooler is no use for the new CPU etc. Stock cooler with the Ryzen CPUs should handle stock clock correct? Suggestions for a CPU cooler within the 30-50GBP region are welcomed!)

Soldato
Simple then

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £374.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)

The ryzen 3600 can be had almost £30 cheaper elsewhere so not worth going to the x or xt for the extra money IMHO. Save the extra money and put it towards a bigger SSD for storing all your games on. Like:

Total: £122.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Or 1tb versions

Total: £208.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

The ram is decent for the price and could be overclocked to 3600mhz with a small timing change if yoru after every fps available.

You may also need to buy a AM4 adapter for your cooler if you dont have one

Total: £12.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Back
Top Bottom