Upgrade aging custom build

Associate
Hi guys,

Definitely had an account on here when I was building my PC but I can’t seem to find what email it was attached to, doh! So a new account post here.

I’m currently running an old 1st gen i7 with 6gb ram and a 1050 ti 4gb. I’m looking at trying to get myself in a good place to play VR games and AAA’s.

I’ve had a good look in the ryzen’s and I’m considering the jump, any thoughts on what to go for? I’d like to push to 1070 but I’m looking at around 400-500 budget atm.

Case, ssd’s and power all seem up to scratch atm. Looking at mobo, cpu, ram and potentially graphics unless 1050 ti 4gb is gonna cut it?

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

James

Associate
OP

Interesting, does this compare well to the 2700? Wondering if for 50 quid it's worth the jump? Thanks for the suggestions, looking like a real nice upgrade.

Can i buy your 1050ti from you when you upgrade? Have been looking at them for a while now.

Not sure what to do on graphics at the moment, if I sell soon I'll definitely give you a nudge. Are they not stocking them anymore or you just looking for a second hand one?

Associate
Interesting, does this compare well to the 2700? Wondering if for 50 quid it's worth the jump? Thanks for the suggestions, looking like a real nice upgrade.

Not sure what to do on graphics at the moment, if I sell soon I'll definitely give you a nudge. Are they not stocking them anymore or you just looking for a second hand one?
Looking for a second hand one

Soldato

It's got a lot better stock cooler and it's auto OC is bang on !

Manually OC the 1700 to 3.9ghz all cores

Back
Top Bottom