Upgrade bundle, effects on Win10?

Associate
Thinking of doing a MB,CPU and RAM upgrade next month with a new GPU. My vacation to the USA and other trips was cancelled, didn't lose any money, so have some money to spend. Keeping my 1.48TB of SSDs. The only thing that concerns me is that Windows 10 will detect it as a new PC? Will I need to re-install Windows 10, maybe have to pay to re-register? A lot of hassle to say the least. And also a lot of my online accounts, example, my Apple account will not authorize another PC, as my devices have reached there limit. In the past upgrading a PC's MB was a bit of a nightmare with the previous versions of Windows. Maybe just keep everything, and just upgrade the Graphics Card? I don't think a GPU upgrade effects Windows 10?

Soldato
Thinking of doing a MB,CPU and RAM upgrade next month with a new GPU. My vacation to the USA and other trips was cancelled, didn't lose any money, so have some money to spend. Keeping my 1.48TB of SSDs. The only thing that concerns me is that Windows 10 will detect it as a new PC? Will I need to re-install Windows 10, maybe have to pay to re-register? A lot of hassle to say the least. And also a lot of my online accounts, example, my Apple account will not authorize another PC, as my devices have reached there limit. In the past upgrading a PC's MB was a bit of a nightmare with the previous versions of Windows. Maybe just keep everything, and just upgrade the Graphics Card? I don't think a GPU upgrade effects Windows 10?

What's your current rig and monitor specs ?

What you looking to play ?

I have OEM and use the line of , had to RMA the PC and new motherboard was installed and it's not working now...

Associate
OP
What's your current rig and monitor specs ?

What you looking to play ?

I have OEM and use the line of , had to RMA the PC and new motherboard was installed and it's not working now..

My PC spec is below my thread, can't you see it? Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Intel Core i7-6700K (4.0 GHz), Corsair Vengence DDR4 16GB, Asus Strix GTX980Ti, Corsair AX860 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, Sandisk 480GB SSD, Dell 27' 4K IPS Monitor. Oculus Rift VR. I am looking to play MS FS2020 in the new HP Reverb G2 VR, at the highest acceptable detail possible. I think that I can install a Nvidia RTX card to my present system, likely the new RTX3xxx series cards when they come out. Also to say I have had a few real flying lessons in a Diamond DA20 at Redhill Aerodrome. I already have Aerofly FS2 Flightsim and playing it on my Oculus Rift is fantastic in VR. Its like you are really sitting inside the cockpit of an aircraft, as is the same driving a car! However, unlike playing FS2020 on a monitor, the experience would be awesome on the higher res and FOV on the Reverb G2. But the VR version of FS2020 would be very graphics intensive on the Reverb, pushing even a RTX3080Ti to its limits as well as the CPU and RAM.

Soldato
Ah, on mobile and haven't turned it landscape. Doesn't display unless you do so etc .

Flight sim 2020 actually only uses 8 threads at max. Even then not the best due to DX11 .

16GB is Min, 32GB golden and 8GB of VRam and above !!!
So for now, DirectX 11-only means the game is not great at CPU scaling. As a result, Flight Simulator 2020 limits itself to using 4 CPU cores which is a waste, as we just saw in a lot of instances we were CPU limited with the 16-core 3950X, yet the game only uses 15 - 20% of the CPU. The same problem was seen with the Core i9-10900K, though the higher clock speeds do allow for a little more performance at lower resolutions. Still, the 10-core processor just saw 4-cores loaded to around 80-90%, with the rest doing very little.

On the counter side...

Therefore you’re really going to want a Ryzen 5 3600 or Core i5-10600K for optimal performance, though the larger caches of higher-end CPUs can still be beneficial, so this is something we might have to look into

And as above, reviews have found game eating just over 16GB of system ram...

8GB of VRAM is mandatory pretty much, even at 1080p in high detail

Overclock your CPU to 4.8Ghz all cores if you haven't and up the ram with another 16GB . For the cheapest option . Then slapping in 3080 with 10GB if VRam

Back
Top Bottom