Upgrade Check

Associate
Hi all,

I have not really been paying much attention to this sandybridge marlkey thats been going on but over the past few days i've been reading up and have come up with the following for an upgrade:

cartbu.jpg

I would greatly appreciate if someone could look over and put my mind at ease to confirm its all good. I'm currently running the following:

Q6600
P5Q-PRO
1x2GB PC8500 - 1 stick died :(
GTX470
Corsair TX750W

Both the cpu and graphics are under water hence the heatsinks in the shopping cart!

So does it look good or can anyone offer some advice where it can be made better please.

RJC

RJC

Don
The cpu cooler may interfear with the ram heatsinks, you might need to look at the Corsair with lower heatsink.

Soldato
why not just keep the waterblock for the GPU, and get a new waterblock for the CPU?

if i remember correctly, anything that supports the 1156 socket also supports the 1155, as they use the same mounting system

*edit*
I'd also say pay the extra tenner and go for the G45 board unless you know you aren't going to add another GPU.
you better make that an extra £20 for the GD53, because the G45 only supports crossfire, not SLI

Soldato
why not just keep the waterblock for the GPU, and get a new waterblock for the CPU?

if i remember correctly, anything that supports the 1156 socket also supports the 1155, as they use the same mounting system

*edit*

you better make that an extra £20 for the GD53, because the G45 only supports crossfire, not SLI

OCUK says it supports SLI and it even says it on the board:

Associate
OP
I did have the concern with the SA and the ram hitting each other. Had a look around and seems it does fit but it is very tight but im pretty confident i can jimmy it. The only reason i didnt go for those Corsair sticks is they are slightly more expensive for pretty much the same performance.

Was looking to get the GD53 but when i found out pretty much all aftermarket gpu coolers take 3+ slots (4 for the shaman) i decided i will just stick to one card with a non specific heatsink so i can carry it over when i upgrade.

Part of the reason for this upgrade is to ditch the watercooling, im not so much into overclocking and pushing everything to the max as i used to be and now it is more of a burden than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom