1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Check

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chris19, 11 Jun 2011.

1. Chris19

Hitman

Hi all,

I have not really been paying much attention to this sandybridge marlkey thats been going on but over the past few days i've been reading up and have come up with the following for an upgrade:

[​IMG]

I would greatly appreciate if someone could look over and put my mind at ease to confirm its all good. I'm currently running the following:

Q6600
    P5Q-PRO
    1x2GB PC8500 - 1 stick died :(
    GTX470
    Corsair TX750W

Both the cpu and graphics are under water hence the heatsinks in the shopping cart!

So does it look good or can anyone offer some advice where it can be made better please.

2. RJC

Don

The cpu cooler may interfear with the ram heatsinks, you might need to look at the Corsair with lower heatsink.

3. Moothead2

Sgarrista

4. Reaper 392

Capodecina

why not just keep the waterblock for the GPU, and get a new waterblock for the CPU?

if i remember correctly, anything that supports the 1156 socket also supports the 1155, as they use the same mounting system

*edit*
    you better make that an extra £20 for the GD53, because the G45 only supports crossfire, not SLI

5. Moothead2

Sgarrista

OCUK says it supports SLI and it even says it on the board:

[​IMG]

6. Riddell

Gangster

I think the C45 is now out of stock.

7. Chris19

Hitman

I did have the concern with the SA and the ram hitting each other. Had a look around and seems it does fit but it is very tight but im pretty confident i can jimmy it. The only reason i didnt go for those Corsair sticks is they are slightly more expensive for pretty much the same performance.

Was looking to get the GD53 but when i found out pretty much all aftermarket gpu coolers take 3+ slots (4 for the shaman) i decided i will just stick to one card with a non specific heatsink so i can carry it over when i upgrade.

Part of the reason for this upgrade is to ditch the watercooling, im not so much into overclocking and pushing everything to the max as i used to be and now it is more of a burden than anything else.

8. Chris19

Hitman

Aww damn it! Was in stock yesterday, will just wait till it comes back in i thinks.

9. stulid

Capo Crimine

MSI specs for the board doesn't show it supports SLI and other sellers dont list it as supporting SLI.

The GD53 supports everything, has the OC Genie button, better capacitors and components, thicker PCB