1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade dilema

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Winnter, 8 Oct 2009.

1. Winnter

Hitman

hi,i have a small problem,i wanted to upgrade my motherboard with a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P AMD 790X (Socket AM3/AM2+) so next year i could add a phemon II.or would a cheaper motherboard do? (i would not be doing any overclocking)
    my next thing is,i have lots of games,but the trouble is i dont think that i will be able to play them on a differant motherboard,Due to the serial not matching the motherboard,Or is there a way around that?
    Because i wanted to play GTA 4 again with that phemon.
    thanks for your time and help :):)

2. Egon

Soldato

Think you're getting mixed up with the Operating System. It won't affect any of your games or applications.

3. Winnter

Hitman

i know about windows not being able to install on another motherboard.I will be using windows 7 when i get that,It's just the games,When you install the games,You have to put in a serial,to register it,And i thought then it would only be for that motherboard?

4. Egon

Soldato

No. You aren't registering it to a motherboard, you are registering it to yourself as the owner of that key.

5. reflux

Capodecina

Yeah, games will install on anything you want as long as you're the legal owner.

6. Winnter

Hitman

ok thats great i think i will buy this motherboard instead then ( Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD 770 )
    thanks for your help :)