1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade for my PC

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by Zack Thompson, 10 Sep 2017.

1. Zack Thompson

Associate

Ok i need some help,

I really want to upgrade my PCs motherboard and processor:

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 860k Quad Core 3.70 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    Motherboard: Not sure the model but I know its nothing special (entry level)

Probably don't want to spend much more than £300 but if it comes to more I may be able to.

Thanks in advance.

2. Quartz

Capodecina

For what are you going to be using the system? What are the other components?

If your main usage is games, then your best bang for the buck will most likely be a better GPU - the GTX 1060 and RX 580 are in your price range.

3. Plec

Capodecina

Consider Quartz's comments above.

If it transpires that you do need CPU/MB/Memory then here's a couple of examples:

The first is bang on budget - and the 1200 will clock to 1300X speed with the supplied cooler. But if you were to add a semi-decent 3rd party cooler it will go toe-to toe with the 1300x with larger clocks.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £311.98
    (includes shipping: £10.50)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Second, is over budget, has the 1400 which again is a great performer for the money - and again can be clocked ~3.7GHz with supplied stock cooler.

Total: £371.98

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Zack Thompson

Associate

thanks very much for the reply this really helps :)

5. Zack Thompson

Associate

sorry I didn't see the previous reply. I actually already have a GTX 1060 and I'm looking for what I should be upgrading next. I mostly game so thanks.

6. Quartz

Capodecina

In that case @Plec's suggestion is well worth consideration.

7. ExoMale

Mobster

same as plecs, just a cheaper motherboard, if you dont need anything special from one then dont spend too much. we should assume you have a good power supply too?

Total: £294.98

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]