Upgrade for PUBG

Associate
Hi,
I am looking for a low cost (if that's possible) upgrade for my gaming rig, currently running Intel but would like to try AMD this time.

I don't actually play many games these day but just getting into PUBG and although my current rig plays it fine on low settings I want to up the detail for a bit more eye candy.

My current spec is:
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.9GHz (running at 4.1ghz)
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Kingston Savage Black 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C12 2400MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

I did think about just upgrading my graphics card but then I believe my cpu would be the bottleneck, although maybe the gfx card would give me the boost I want?

Permabanned
I bought a new gpu for pubg. Couple of weeks later nobody wanted to play pubg anymore. Shouldn't have bothered.

To improve your fps you'd need a gpu, it might be enough, but you might also want to upgrade the cpu.

tbh I recommend just not playing pubg.

Soldato
You can play pubg on a crappy tablet. That spec is more than enough for it :)

you cant compare a pc version or a mobile variant lol, the game plays better on my iphone 8 plus and ipad air 2 than it does xbox(only other version i own right now) and the mobile version isnt without its faults, but its been optimized for such devices, the same deal with Fortnite.

Soldato
Couple of weeks later nobody wanted to play pubg anymore
that's just completely wrong, unless you are talking about your own circle of friends? steam stats show average players for the last 30 days to be about half a million.
if you're struggling for peple to play with join the unofficial OcUK Discord.

tbh I recommend just not playing pubg.
bit harsh surely.

Permabanned
that's just completely wrong, unless you are talking about your own circle of friends?
Yes I am.

I'm saying there's a chance you spend a lot of money on a graphics card and then don't even play the game for long, then you might feel like you'd spent all that money for no reason. One way to mitigate that is to just wait a month and see if you're still interested, given that if you're going to lose interest it usually happens quicker than a month.

Soldato
Yes I am.

I'm saying there's a chance you spend a lot of money on a graphics card and then don't even play the game for long, then you might feel like you'd spent all that money for no reason. One way to mitigate that is to just wait a month and see if you're still interested, given that if you're going to lose interest it usually happens quicker than a month.
ah fair one then........but bin those loser friends and come join us on the Discord.....
XB8atg4.png

Soldato
friends? what are those? for me i prefer to solo play, but generally speaking as long as theirs people playing the game you dont need these 'friends' to dictate your usage, if you do then more fool you for spending the money.

if its console gaming then thats different, but still solo play is good so long theres other players and the online part of a game isnt dead.

anyways to OP, you will benefit more from a graphics card upgrade then follow suit with the processor, if im not mistaken, the 960 isnt strong enough to use the 4gb vram?

Soldato
game is a much better experience played in a squad, imo - this from someone with several hundred hrs of solo play.

its hit and miss, sometimes its a ball ache just like if you join a team of randoms apart from if they annoy you then you cant just rage quit without looking like an idiot as they your friends, not someone you wont meet etc.

i used to play halo 5 a lot when i was with the ex as shes a halo fan and she had a few friends online, so i played with them, i had friends i played with on WoW and GOW years ago, it is a good laugh, but i prefer just to get on with it, not b/tch whats happening ha.

Back
Top Bottom