Upgrade help

bbK

bbK

Associate
OK so just having got back from i52 LAN and having to carry this case from the car park to the arena it is clear i need to move this PC into a new mini itx build. So i am wondering if anyone would give me help in doing so.

Current spec:
Cooler Master HAF-X
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
i5 2500k
h100 cooler
16GB Corsair Vengeance
250gb SSD
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7970
Corsair 850w PSU

I know i need to upgrade the motherboard, not sure if the card/psu will fit in a small case etc and that's where im hoping someone could spec me something up. I've had a quick look at the cases and the Corsair Carbide looks quite good... any thoughts on that?

Upgrade wise I would like to keep the cost around 300-400 but if i have to pay more i will.

bbK

bbK

Associate
OP
Cheers for the suggestions. I've just realised that the case is on pre-order until late September tho.... hmmmz

Soldato
That's a mATX case not an ITX case. My go-to recommendation for ITX and transportability is the Shuttle XPC range. They work best if your GPU has a blower fan.

You won't be able to fit the H100 cooler inside the Shuttle, but Asetek do a 92mm liquid cooler.

The air240 takes mini-itx boards as well.

bbK

bbK

Associate
OP
It did cross my mind to get a 2nd hand mobo 'cos i only play CSGO and it is a perfectly fine setup for that. I'll have a look around.

RJC

RJC

Don
That's a mATX case not an ITX case. My go-to recommendation for ITX and transportability is the Shuttle XPC range. They work best if your GPU has a blower fan.

You won't be able to fit the H100 cooler inside the Shuttle, but Asetek do a 92mm liquid cooler.

As Lee32uk mentioned it can take a ITX board along with the op's AIO, this will be smaller than his current setup.

Back
Top Bottom