Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by jimbonkers, 29 May 2006.
Is it worth upgrading to a 7900GT now or should I wait for the 8000's or the X2000's? (Dx 10 cards)
wait it out a while.
why not get the 7900 GT now and enjoy all the latest games.
By the time he waits for DX 10 cards which will be costly he will have no games to play.
By the time games are the mainstream his card will already be out of date.Being second or third genaration in.
Just no point in waiting for DX 10.
If it's within your budget, why not try the x1900xt. - It can be flashed/OC to 1900XTX. Also, the extra shaders is gonna come in handy, better IQ as well.
Unless you insist on no ATi, it's worth going.
I agree, pointless waiting. Enjoy your pc now!
prolly not worth waiting, as you dont want to be a beta tester for the first DX10 cards.... so u'd end up waiting till their first refresh which will be June/July next year....
the first gen of dx10 cards are probably going to be similar in performance to a top(ish) end dx9 card now so no real point in waiting. and the first dx10 card isnt due for a while so give it a few more months for decent cards then some more time for the games to support dx10 more. could be a while before and real benefits come in for dx10 over dx9.
upgrade now if you can
upgrade now the first gen of dx 10 cards r gonna be oldies after 6 months
Separate names with a comma.