1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade now or later

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NforceSFF, 30 Oct 2007.

1. NforceSFF

PermaBanned

Running on a acer 5920 atm and it runs the likes of COD4, HL2 etc

Ive been always thinking to re-build a desktop system after the new year, with the hope that prices might be lower, diretcx 10.1 maybe changing things etc

what do you guys recon? really really want to play crysis but don't mind waiting to play the thing on very high resolution

2. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Wait until Intel's 45 nm CPUs and the next top-end graphics cards. Early next year should be very interesting.

3. Trill

Gangster

To be fair, with PCs you could always be waiting for the "next best thing", my advice is to buy now (or when your ready) with the current tech.

Its what i do when i come round to upgrading.

4. NforceSFF

PermaBanned

yeah but with next-gen hardware around the corner wouldn't it be more wise to wait so that current tech falls in price ? just out of interest what should be the minuim spec needed to run crysis at good frame rate with aa on, very high on, on say a 19" monitor

5. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

2.4+ GHz C2D, 8800 GT, perhaps GTX.

6. Trill

Gangster

I agree with BillytheImpaler on the spec you would need.

Are you saying that you would wait for the new tech to be released, just so the current tech is lowered in price, and then buy the old tech?

7. NforceSFF

PermaBanned

well that would be depending on what the newer tech had to offer :p but right now im sitting on a lappy thats plays everthing thrown at it bar crysis if i go down to ocuk 2morrow upgrade then in 1-2 month could have brought loads cheaper id have one rather annoyed missus;)