upgrade time(ORANGE)

Associate
Spamalot said:
Well it does, on average.

hehe your english is always soo bad :/

anyways, it seems you've stumbled upon a completely new statistical theory ;) good luck follwing that mantra

btw according to your gospel -

i toss a fair coin 3 times, it comes up H H H, now according to you this indicates that it is more likely to be heads on next toss .. obviously the p's are fixed as these events are independent.

Associate
dolph you seem to have missed his point, he was getting at the cost of the phone to replace, at only £60 it's not worth the £5 per month to replace it ...

although the call costs my be advantagious, i.e if they use your phone , but you can get criminal damage compensation for that.

the point about house insurance is totally different because the valuables in your house would be worth the premium.

and your point about paying for the customer service, well orange used to be the best at this , bu tin the last year they have become one of the worst.

if he wants to pay the £5 and he's happy leave him to it .... i would have advised him against the v3 though.

:)

Soldato
spirit said:
anyways, it seems you've stumbled upon a completely new statistical theory ;) good luck follwing that mantra

btw according to your gospel -

i toss a fair coin 3 times, it comes up H H H, now according to you this indicates that it is more likely to be heads on next toss .. obviously the p's are fixed as these events are independent.

No, not at all.

what I said what on average I would say mr "smith" would loose his phone every 3rd year or so at a guess.

Man of Honour
Apatche64 said:
dolph you seem to have missed his point, he was getting at the cost of the phone to replace, at only £60 it's not worth the £5 per month to replace it ...

You can get a new (or even a guaranteed refurbished handset) sim free V3 for £60? Or is this an ebay blacklisting lottery price?

and your point about paying for the customer service, well orange used to be the best at this , bu tin the last year they have become one of the worst.

Pretty much every industry benchmark disagrees with you on that one ;)

if he wants to pay the £5 and he's happy leave him to it .... i would have advised him against the v3 though.

:)

I would advise people against many things, but if they say they want to do it anyway, I won't hassle them to justify their choice.

Associate
Spamalot said:
No, not at all.

what I said what on average I would say mr "smith" would loose his phone every 3rd year or so at a guess.

for the love of god, its LOSE
loose is like loosen a knot or something

where did you get that statistic from, i recon its prime 99.95% of statistics are made up on the spot ;)

Soldato
spirit said:
for the love of god, its LOSE
loose is like loosen a knot or something

where did you get that statistic from, i recon its prime 99.95% of statistics are made up on the spot ;)

Thanks, for the spelling. As I said it was a guess, so maybe you should brush up on your reading skills.

call up push for a deal, if they dont give you anything ask for pac and say ** gonna transfer to tmobile ask them to price match flext (i hear they do now)
Thats your, and the i should be an I.

anyhow 60£ equates to 5pm anyway.. so donno what you are so worried about
Thats £60.
i toss a fair coin 3 times
Thats I again.

look I know I'm poor at english and thanks for pointing out that spelling for me. But non of us are perfect.

Associate
Spamalot said:
Thanks, for the spelling. As I said it was a guess, so maybe you should brush up on your reading skills.

Thats your, and the i should be an I.

Thats £60.

Thats I again.

look I know I'm poor at english and thanks for pointing out that spelling for me. But non of us are perfect.

even a guess has to be extrapolated from some substance, just wondering what your reasoning was for that 'guess'..
i only pointed that out to you 'cause you've made the same mistake a fair few times..
in fact all your posts have an inordinate amount of errors..
i was completely aware of my 'errors' but i doubt you are of yours..

Soldato
Spamalot I think you are straying from the discussion of insurance.

heres an example, I find Vodafone phone insurance to be quite comprehensive, and worth it £6.95 a month,

- Includes loss (i.e. slips outta your pocket while in a restaurant)
- Includes lost accessories (i.e. Bluetooth headset, cases etc)
- Can go into any Voda store and get it sorted straight away, i've seen people (most probably fraud) say they've lost a D500, and walk away with a D600 (d500 is discontinued)
- Covers for any phone calls made by the person who nicked it/found it

I've never had to claim on my insurance, but I always get it, just in case, if I lost my phone tomorrow, I couldnt afford to buy the same new handset.

Yes I know I work for vodafone, but when you work for a certain company you get to realise the benefits of being with them which you would have never known until a problem arose.

Associate
My contract with Orange ran out about 3 days ago...so I called them up last night to haggle for a good deal. I have had verbal battles in the past and threatening to leave usually gets you what you want. However, I was very surprised when the guy in retentions said "What phone would you like?" I said "w810i please" He said "that's fine". He then asked what package I was interested in...I said that I wanted nothing less than a price match of the T Mobile Flext 35 tariff - he again said "fine". He then proceeded to explain the terms etc etc and my shiny new phone will be here tomorrow - free of charge of course :)
I've been with them a long time and this is because I have never once had a problem with them and always find their customer service to be top notch :D

Associate
Devo said:
My contract with Orange ran out about 3 days ago...so I called them up last night to haggle for a good deal. I have had verbal battles in the past and threatening to leave usually gets you what you want. However, I was very surprised when the guy in retentions said "What phone would you like?" I said "w810i please" He said "that's fine". He then asked what package I was interested in...I said that I wanted nothing less than a price match of the T Mobile Flext 35 tariff - he again said "fine". He then proceeded to explain the terms etc etc and my shiny new phone will be here tomorrow - free of charge of course :)
I've been with them a long time and this is because I have never once had a problem with them and always find their customer service to be top notch :D

thats only cause theyve lost thousands of customers in the last few months.

Soldato
Kappa said:
Spamalot I think you are straying from the discussion of insurance.

heres an example, I find Vodafone phone insurance to be quite comprehensive, and worth it £6.95 a month,

- Includes loss (i.e. slips outta your pocket while in a restaurant)
- Includes lost accessories (i.e. Bluetooth headset, cases etc)
- Can go into any Voda store and get it sorted straight away, i've seen people (most probably fraud) say they've lost a D500, and walk away with a D600 (d500 is discontinued)
- Covers for any phone calls made by the person who nicked it/found it

I've never had to claim on my insurance, but I always get it, just in case, if I lost my phone tomorrow, I couldnt afford to buy the same new handset.

Yes I know I work for vodafone, but when you work for a certain company you get to realise the benefits of being with them which you would have never known until a problem arose.
Thats great, buy what you like. If you think its a good deal great. I have insurance on some phones and not on others, depending on where I get them from and the price of the handset. And saying I have "straying from the discussion of insurance." is stupid at the title of the thread was "upgrade time(Orange)".

My contract with Orange ran out about 3 days ago...so I called them up last night to haggle for a good deal. I have had verbal battles in the past and threatening to leave usually gets you what you want. However, I was very surprised when the guy in retentions said "What phone would you like?" I said "w810i please" He said "that's fine". He then asked what package I was interested in...I said that I wanted nothing less than a price match of the T Mobile Flext 35 tariff - he again said "fine". He then proceeded to explain the terms etc etc and my shiny new phone will be here tomorrow - free of charge of course
I've been with them a long time and this is because I have never once had a problem with them and always find their customer service to be top notch
Like has been said a couple of times now in the last few days.... Mins and Txts cost the networks very little to give you, all they want is to give you a cheap phone and get as much money from you as possable. Thats what you got such a "good" deal. You are paying £35 for 18 months, and they are giving you a phone worth around £180 so that will make them a large profit.

Is what I said ok dolph?

Soldato
Spamalot said:
And saying I have "straying from the discussion of insurance."

It was kinda clear that you were outspoken on the subject so you rambled on about spelling etc :rolleyes:

Apatche64 - I havent been into work yet, i've heard its a month away, but will check on saturday if there are any release dates on the system.

Soldato
Kappa said:
It was kinda clear that you were outspoken on the subject so you rambled on about spelling etc :rolleyes:
Is that so, I think you should read it again. So :rolleyes: to you to. The whole point of insurance is that its a pool, you pay for someone else who's lost there phone and VV. Unless you are one of the lucky/unlucky ones (what every way you look at it) that loses (is that the rite spelling, we dont want any one to pick up on it and change the direction of the thread again, as I will get the blame of course) then you will lose out. You have it for you peice of mind. I think thats a lot to pay for peice of mine when you have a low value phone. I have insurance on my 8800 my I wouldnt think about paying the same amount for insurance on one of my cheaper phones.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think post #27 was necessary.

I agree insurance isnt for £30 nokia 1600's, but unless the phone is cheap to buy on the high street it also provides an easy way to get the problem of a lost phone sorted, get a replacement straight away. If you get what I mean, instead of going phoneless waiting for a cheap one off ebay etc, finding it doesnt work, and all the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom