Upgrades more expensive than new contracts..

Soldato
With my last 2 upgrades it was always cheaper to stick with sim only and buy the phone on PAYG than it was to either upgrade or new contract.

This is what Im doing now. Giffgaff £12 pm is really good, you can find cheaper for a bit more hassle.

Fed up of paying double for a phone over X months on ****** data contracts, when you can just buy it up front and save in the long run both on overal phone costs and the plan.

Soldato
OP
if she would be happy with the phone she has now - she isn't that fussy about phones, we would go to sim only.
but she is really fed up with the current one - am looking at phones with great cameras so iP6s or Samsung S6 deals

not in a position to pay shed of £ for a sim free mobile at the moment

Thanks all again

Soldato
I've just upgraded and got a deal that could not be beaten anywhere by a long way. You just need to play hard ball. It was also an Early Upgrade, making it even more unbelievable.

I went from 2GB / 1000 mins / Ultd Txt for £23.99pm on an iPhone 5s 16gb (Which I paid £230 towards at the start) to the same usage £24.99pm on an iPhone 5s 32GB - They initially wanted £269.99 for the handset. Then came down to £239.99. I ended up getting it for £70.

Nearest cheapest was Vodafone via CPW for £169.99.

This was also after calling EE for a PAC and being told they wouldn't even bother to try because they knew they couldn't beat it......

The deals are there to be had but you need to push them, and typically the best place to do it is in franchised stores....

Soldato
OP
Went to CPW to drop mobile for repair and have checked new deals .
I think will go for Vodafone with s6 edge. 6gb data 31ppm and £50 up front.
Will od course ask o2 if they can match or beat when I will be cancelling :)

Back
Top Bottom