1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading memory in a cisco router?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by quackers, 1 Jun 2006.

1. quackers

Soldato

Hi all,

Im looking at picking up a couple of routers to help with my ccna study, ideally 2500's of some sort. Now ive noticed after looking around a certain auction site that they dont seem to have a lot of memory and are running an older iso.

Now my question is this, how hard is it to upgrade the memory on the routers? Anyone done this before?

2. tolien

Caporegime

It's pretty easy. Instructions here for the 2500s.

3. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Like Tolien said, it's easy enough. 2500's are particularly fussy about what memory they take though so don't pick up just any old module and expect it to work.

4. quackers

Soldato

now why didnt i go and have a look at the cisco site ... Doh ! :D

Cheers mate, it looks easy enough.

/runs off to a certain auction site

5. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

You can say eBay. Even if it weren't allowed because it were a competitor, then the not-so-subtle hinting would be as welcomed as saying it by name.

6. andrewbell1984

PermaBanned

I just sold a 2501 on ebay, went for 44 including PP, wasnt bad little sale at all. I including a 2 way power cable, AUI, DB9 and a console cable. :)