Upgrading my battlebox.

Associate
Hi all

New to the forums but I do frequent the discord channel. I’ve been PC gaming for a a few years and this is my second rig. I bought it premade from OCUK in 2017 and I’m now looking to perhaps upgrade parts rather than move to rig number 3. So my question is what parts would you upgrade to see the most improvement? I play mainly FPS and stream occasionally. Current set up:

Case: Phanteks Enthoo evolve
GPU: 1080ti blower edition
CPU: i7 7700k 4.2ghz
Motherboard: ASU’s ROG strix Z270G
PSU: Cougar VTX 650w
Storage: Samsung 500gb 850 evo ssd.
RAM: 2 X 8GB team group dark pro

obviously I’ve seen the new 3 series from Nvidia but I’m open to suggestions on what to upgrade first etc

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a crapola PSU, isn't it?

Other than that right now, there is a worthwhile upgrade to your GPU: keep hoping for a RTX 3080 to become available. As for the CPU, new Ryzens are being announced / launched in 3 weeks. And check out these two videos:

Associate
OP
That's a crapola PSU, isn't it?

Other than that right now, there is a worthwhile upgrade to your GPU: keep hoping for a RTX 3080 to become available. As for the CPU, new Ryzens are being announced / launched in 3 weeks. And check out these two videos:

Thanks quartz. In terms of the PSU, on the premises I was to get a 3080, any units you would suggest?

Soldato
I'm not the best person to advise on PSUs but Seasonic is the stand-out, and Silverstone, Superflower Leadex, and some Corsairs are also good.

I have a Superflower Leadex 850 and it has served me well for many years. I was running dual Maxwell Titans on it for a couple of years. (Edit: just checked - purchased in Aug 2015.)

Back
Top Bottom