• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading to a x1800 512

Soldato
geeza said:
not wishing to get into an argument here but what are you basing this upon, have you had a few hipers blow up on you or something in the past?

My friend has ;)

Whereas I've never seen an Enermax\FSP just fail spontaneously. Plus they tend to be more efficient and quieter (especially FSP).

Soldato
geeza said:
id splash out on a decent psu if i were you. I used to hae a 300watt one that came with the case i got for £22 and it knackered 2 of my hard drives and i lost all my uni work, shed loads of mp3s (over 10000) films and games. When i used to burn cds and connect a couple of 80mm fans and overclock my 9800pro drives would turn off and sometimes even restart my pc!

i now have this (hiper type R 580watt) powering an overclocked x1800xt, 2.8ghz opteron 146 and a few other bits

*pic*

no problems yet, was £80 but at least my computer wont die on me now!

deffo not a good psu for dead stable rails and good/hardcore clocking.

did a biuld (i do loads) for a mate with that as he wanted mmmmmmmmmmardular ( ;) ) and the rails fluctuated so much i wondered if my mm was bad.

tagan, tagan, tagan oh, did i say tagan? :D

Suspended
ill let you know when mine dies, anyway there will be no problem taking it back to "where in the world..." as they dont understand anything anway. I could say something like "the hyper transparent modular power bus has failed on it" and they just hand my money over :p

Soldato
sr4470 said:
My friend has ;)

Whereas I've never seen an Enermax\FSP just fail spontaneously. Plus they tend to be more efficient and quieter (especially FSP).
Ive had a 350w enermax, 550w and now a 500w modular. I replaced the 550w when it blew after I switched the socket on through 2 power bars. The surge would I assume have killed my pc but the PSU took the bullet, and the power bars sat uselessly (considering its their job to stop surges). Other than that great psu.

I got a 500w to see if it was any quieter than my dual fan 550w, but its not really. The 550w is 3 or 4 years old but still listed as compatable on ATI list of psu, even though its 20-pin with no pci-e connector.

Back
Top Bottom