Urgent - creature ID

Associate
stuppy said:
Can we get a size comparison with something please. To me it looks like the size of a small bird.

I'd serve it up with some canaloni and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese malted milk and digestive biscuits.

There was a blackbird going bananas close by, I'd say that it was about 1/6 of the size of the bird of prey. I'd wish I got a better shot.

A couple of things I noticed

Yellow beak/bill
White feathers at the tip of tail
Had a slight red tinge when the sun shone on the bird.

Permabanned
Exentia said:
ohhh its....cute :)

Would you still be saying that if it was crawling on your face injecting you with his big stinging needle, injecting its little babies in you that are eventually going to hatch inside you and eat you from the inside.

I DID NOT THINK SO SONNY JIM.

Associate
Overload said:
May I semi hijack this thread as I have a bird needing to be identified??

Here is a link to the [not very good] picture. Picture Link.

Anyway was on my phone in the garden and saw this bird of prey (?). Dashed to get my less than average camera and managed to get a picture. Could only get one as A) the batteries died and B) the bird flew off.

I think it is a eagle of sorts. It had those rubber strips attached to its feet - so probably owned by someone nearby.

You'll probably need to adjust your gamma/constast to get a better look.

Thanks.

Hornets are usally smaller than 3 inches, usually about 1 inch.

It looks like a buzzard, did you get to see the underside of its wings as it flew away?

Associate
Actually as you can see from the fact that bloke has it on his hand, European hornets are actually pretty docile (albeit big and scary ;) ) and don't go out of their way to sting you in the eyes.

Unlike the insect-chavs that are wasps which are the scum of the invertebrate world :p

Back
Top Bottom