• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Urgent Help Required

Caporegime
My 9800pro just died, great start to the weekend.

So I shove my old Geforce 2 GTS in and I'm greeted with a blank screen when I hit windows, monitor goes a bit mad complaining about unsupported resolution.

All I can do is boot using F8 VGA enable menu thing, that way I can get an image but as soon as I change res its knackard again, this is driving me up the wall. I've used driver cleaner to obliterate all traces of nvidia and ati but the same thing happens.

Can anyone please help? :(

Associate
PiKe said:
My 9800pro just died, great start to the weekend.

So I shove my old Geforce 2 GTS in and I'm greeted with a blank screen when I hit windows, monitor goes a bit mad complaining about unsupported resolution.

All I can do is boot using F8 VGA enable menu thing, that way I can get an image but as soon as I change res its knackard again, this is driving me up the wall. I've used driver cleaner to obliterate all traces of nvidia and ati but the same thing happens.

Can anyone please help? :(
Mmm, maybe turn power fully off to the monitor for a few mins first of all then turn on and reset the monitor to default settings while the pc is off

R.I.P. 9800pro :(

Last edited:
Associate
PiKe said:
I'm getting 1024x768 res now on the gf2 but still no go with 1280x1024
nice 1 :)

Been a while since a had a geforce card, does the driver control panel for this card list this res

Or

maybe turn down the screen refresh rate which might give you more options.

By the way, how did you get the card working ?

Caporegime
OP
Nah it's not working right, would boot up sometimes and just nothing past windows loading screen, thing ramdac has gone on the card.

Put my 9800pro back in (well a softmodded 9800se) and it's working, I guess it was the softmod that went caput.

Associate
PiKe said:
Nah it's not working right, would boot up sometimes and just nothing past windows loading screen, thing ramdac has gone on the card.

Put my 9800pro back in (well a softmodded 9800se) and it's working, I guess it was the softmod that went caput.

It`s ALIVE :cool:

good news m8, weekend back on now :D

Caporegime
OP
The 9800 died again and can't get a picture from it after the windows logo screen now. The GTS doesn't show anything unless I boot using F8 VGA mode.

Decided it's time to order a new PC instead.

Associate
PiKe said:
The 9800 died again and can't get a picture from it after the windows logo screen now. The GTS doesn't show anything unless I boot using F8 VGA mode.

Decided it's time to order a new PC instead.

R.I.P. 9800 pro . . . . again :(

Back
Top Bottom